I added a little bit of nautical-ness in the bottom left-hand corner by layering several images that were hand-cut:
So you open the first flap this way <-- and this is what you see:
And you open the 2nd flap this way --> and this is way appears on the inside:
A little close-up of the bottom layers:
And the top showing you the sentiment and fish:
Here's how you create the card fold and card:
- Island Indigo Cardstock measuring 5-1/2" x 11". Score at 4" and 8".
- On the left-hand side of the fold, measure the 5-1/2" side by adding a pencil mark in the center at 2-3/4". Starting at the top fold line, cut a diagonal line. Repeat using the bottom fold line. This creates your triangular flap.
- Using the same flap, cut a 2-3/4" circle centered on the flap. I used the retired Circles Collection Thinlits Dies.
- Add a piece of the Serene Scenery Designer Paper measuring 3-7/8" x 5-1/2" to the 2nd flap. Make sure the flap is folded to the inside of the card when adding the designer paper.
- Now fold the first flap over the 2nd flap. Using a pencil, add a dot in the very center of the circle you cut onto the designer paper as a reference guide.
- Cut a hole over the designer paper by centering the pencil mark inside the circle. My hole measures 1-7/8" wide. You can use a punch or framelits to cut your hole.
- Stamp the greenery at the bottom of the designer paper layer using Early Espresso Ink and color with Gold Wink Of Stella.
- Cut a piece of Sahara Sand Cardstock 4" x 5-1/2". Tear 4-5 pieces across to create the multi-layered sand. Sponge all of the torn edges using a Sponge Dauber and Sahara Sand Ink. Glue all the layers together and glue to the center of the card fold. Stamp a few shells and starfish, hand-cut and glue in-between the layers.
- Stamp 3 fish using Early Espresso Ink and color using Stampin' Write Markers. Glue the fish to the center panel and make sure one peeks through the hole. Add bubbles using the stamp image and white ink.
- For the card front I stamped bubbles using white ink over the entire flap. Stamp the different images for the bottom corner and hand-cut. Glue and layer to the bottom left-hand corner.
- Tie the Cucumber Crush Twine into a bow and glue over the layered stamped images in the corner.
A reminder that our July Mini Session will open soon at Create with Connie & Mary. We are using the following stamp sets this month:
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects...THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items...perfect for your club or stamp camp!
* All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
*Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!