July 19, 2016

Control Freaks July Blog Hop!




Good Evening and welcome to the July Control Freaks Blog Hop. This month our theme is "Fun & Fancy Free". You may have just arrived here by starting with my blog our you may have hopped over from Cindy Elam's blog with her fabulous projects. Either way, I will direct you to the next stop at the end of my post so keep reading!


So I went a different route with this months theme. Most of you probably remember that the Woodland Embossing Folder was around for a short time less than a year ago. The embossing folder was so popular that it made a "come-back" in our Annual Catalog this year. So that's what I decided to focus on this month. I made it fun by using it on these three cards:



The first card uses the One Wild Ride and the Country Livin' stamp sets. I inked the embossing folder with Soft Sky Ink using a Brayer, inserted the Whisper White Cardstock layer into the folder and embossed it with the Big Shot Machine. I love how the soft sky ink is embossed right into the background:



I water-colored the truck image on Whisper White Cardstock after it was stamped with Basic Black Ink by using my ink pads and a Blender Pen. I then hand-cut the truck and glued it in the bottom right-hand corner. 


Card #2 uses the embossing folder on Basic Gray Cardstock. Once the cardstock was embossed,  I sponged White Ink over the embossing with a Sponge Dauber:



A trio of acorns from the Acorny Thank You stamp set were added to the corner layered over a Metallic Foil Doily that was flipped over to the white side. Love the autumn feel to this card.


And finally, card #3 uses tone-on-tone by embossing on Crumb Cake Cardstock and using Crumb Cake Ink sponged over the embossing:



I used torn Shimmery White Cardstock for the snow banks and layered them. To add the shimmer to each edge I swiped the VersaMark Ink Pad over the edges and sprinkled Heat & Stick Powder to the ink. I used the Heat Tool to melt the Heat & Stick Powder and quickly sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and heated a 2nd time. It looks fabulous in real life by the way!



Now it's time to go visit Mary Brown's blog. I just know you'll love all of her projects! Make sure you go through the whole hop and visit my teammates. Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


7 comments:

  1. Love how you took one element (the embossing folder) and ran with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love that embossing folder and you've used it perfectly on all three projects! Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 fantastic cards, Debbie! What a great way to show the versatility of the embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all three cards - way to showcase the same embossing folder and three totally different look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the three cards, but the truck one is my favorite! So happy that folder is back in the catalog! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun cards! I love the white ink highlighting of the gray card stock - very dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be impossible to pick a winner from these three cards. They're all so awesome. I love how you've made all the different elements from acorns, trucks and birds work with this one embossing folder, and yet you've achieved three completely separate designs. Thanks for the inspiration, I'm going to be hauling out my Woodlands EF again, real soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly