June 27, 2016

Merry Monday #211!

Reminder to you all this week that the Merry Monday team is taking 2 months off for the summer months. This week is our last challenge for the summer and we will all be returning on September 5th.


So this week Colleen is our hostess and we have a color challenge of "Blue, Gold, Silver and White":


I used all four colors by mixing the gold & silver in my dove image that is heat embossed:


Isn't it pretty? I stamped with VersaMark Ink first and sprinkled some silver embossing powder on one side of the dove. I then added the gold and followed that again with silver. If you sprinkle in steps like that and carefully position where you want the powder sprinkled, it creates a neat look when you heat emboss the powder. You can see it better in the photo below:



I repeated the process with the sentiment also by using both colors of embossing powders and then finished off my card with White Perfect Accents:




Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Calm Christmas (retired)
  • Inks: VersaMark
  • Cardstock: Pool Party, Whisper White, Pacific Point
  • Accessories: White Perfect Accent
  • Tools: Silver Embossing Powder, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin' Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous embossed dove in the gold and silver mix, Debbie! Love how you did the sentiment that way too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - have a great summer off from Merry Monday and thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Debbie. That's a technique I've never tried but it's now on my to-do list

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool technique, Debbie! The dove and sentiment are so pretty! Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Debbie, your dove is stunning. Have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dove using both silver and gold in the embossing. Have a great summer and see you in September.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly