June 30, 2016

Global Design Project #GDP042!

Hi Stampers and Happy Last-Day-Of-June! I hope your summer is going well so far. Today I am playing with the Global Design Project for challenge #GDP042 which is a sketch challenge:


Before you see all of my card, here is a close-up of the center of my card. I have real live colored gel in the oval. You can even see some air bubbles! How neat is that?



I used the Seaside Shore stamp set and the new Layering Ovals Framelits Dies. The fish, seashells and sentiment were all stamped and hand-cut:



I also used the By The Shore Designer Paper for my top layer. All three layers were cut with the ovals dies and I added layers from there. All of the shells and fishes were also painted with Clear Wink Of Stella:



So how did I create the colored water gel? I added some Hand Sanitizer in a dish and added one drop of Emerald Envy Ink Refill. I stirred it up and added it to the inside of a flat cello bag. I sealed the bag and glued it to the inside of my card front peeking through the oval and then covered the bag with a Very Vanilla Cardstock layer on the inside over the bag. The fish are glued to the front of the bag but they actually look like they are swimming on the inside. So fun!

Stampin' Up! Supplies:
  • Stamps: Seaside Shore
  • Inks: Emerald Envy, Calypso Coral, Emerald Envy Ink Refill
  • Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Emerald Envy
  • DSP: By The Shore
  • Accessories: Gold Metallic Thread
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Clear Wink Of Stella, Layering Ovals Framelits Dies
  • Misc: Hand Sanitizer, Cello Bag, Dish, Stir Stick
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!




debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! It looks so real. Can you please do a video on this? Pretty PLEASE??! πŸ˜πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bobbie!! Please make a video! I'd love to try this hand gel technique & I can't quite picture how you put it in the cello bag. All the colors & details are beautiful, especially that gold metallic thread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gel cards and this is no exception Debbie! I adore this stamp set too. Very cool take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! What a cool card. Well done Debbie! Thanks for the tip on how to make the gel Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie - I love how you've paired these colors - Emerald looks great with Coral! Such a fun card - love it! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly