Hi Everyone, so glad you are visiting here today. We are featuring Emerald Envy today for our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Before I move on to my project, I wanted to thank all of you that subscribed to our June Mini Session. You can still do so if you missed it. We are now working on July so look for the sign up soon!
I love the card I created for today. I included it in my Stamp Camp last month and my girls loved it. My favorite part of the card is the multi layers of leaves. Take a peek:
I puffed up the 3 pillows and used Stampin' Dimensionals to glue them in place. Don't they almost look real?
For the leaves, I stamped some of the Whisper White Cardstock layer and then stamped additional ones on scrap cardstock. I colored them all using the inked lines and a Blender Pen. I hand cut the scrap leaves and glued them in place with Stampin' Dimensionals:
Would you like to make a card just like this? Here's how:
- Card Base: Emerald Envy Cardstock 11" 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
- Layer #2: Tip Top Taupe Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4". Stamp the swing and bird using from the Sitting Here stamp set in Tip Top Taupe Ink. Using Emerald Envy Ink, stamp the leaves from the Remarkable Stamp Set at the top of the cardstock. Stamp a few extras on scrap white cardstock. Hand-cut the leaves on the scrap. Color all the leaves using a Blender Pen and the inked lines. Use the Blender Pen to color the swing also. Stamp the grass repeatedly under the swing, sometimes without re-inking the stamp image.
- Pillows: Stamp 2 pillows with Emerald Envy and1 with Tip Top Taupe on Whisper White Cardstock. Color the pillows with the Blender Pen. Hand-cut all 3 pillows. Flip them over and use the round tip of the Aqua Painter to push down on the pillows in a circular motion to puff them out. Glue all 3 in place using Stampin' Dimensionals. Glue stamped layer to card front.
- Stamps: Sitting Here, Remarkable You
- Inks: Emerald Envy, Tip Top Taupe
- Cardstock: Emerald Envy, Tip Top Taupe, Whisper White
- Tools: Aqua Painter, Stampin' Dimensionals
Now you can follow the hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates, Nicole at Be Creative with Nicole, or Melissa at RubberFunatics: