June 19, 2016

Control Freaks June Blog Hop!

Welcome to the Control Freaks June Blog Hop. I'm so glad you stopped in. We are all featuring "New Catalog Goodness" this month so get ready for some great inspiration from my teammates and myself!



You may have just arrived here starting with me or from visiting Cindy Elam's projects. Did she give you some great ideas? Her projects are always great! Either way I will direct you to the next stop at the end of my post.


So I came up with 3 card projects using 6 new stamp sets. I kept all 3 cards clean & simple to showcase the stamp sets. Here is a group photo of all three and then I'll list each card on it's own:



For Card #1 I used the Swirly Bird, Places You'll Go and Work Of Art stamp sets:



I wanted to add a background image under my globe so I dug an old favorite called the Work Of Art stamp set by using the swoosh image and stamped it four times using Pink Pirouette Ink. For my globe, I stamped the globe 5 times with Basic Gray Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and colored the inside of each globe image using the swirly image from Swirly Bird and Sweet Sugarplum Ink. I created the 3D globe that looks really neat:


Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Swirly Bird, Places You'll Go, Work Of Art
  • Inks: Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, Sweet Sugarplum
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Sweet Sugarplum
  • Accessories: Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon
  • Tools: 2" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals


Card #2 uses the Country Livin' and Happy Happenings stamp sets. I added a little bit of shading to each guitar with a Blender Pen and Chocolate Chip Ink. What really dresses up this card is the new Regals Enamels Dots. Love that these now come in heart & star shapes also:



Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Country Livin', Happy Happenings
  • Inks: Chocolate Chip
  • Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Whisper White
  • Accessories: Regals Enamel Dots
  • Tools: Blender Pen
And my final card uses the Baby Bear and Weather Together stamp sets. How cute is the bear combined with the umbrella? I masked the bear so that I could add the umbrella showing behind him:



It's so neat to work with the 3 step stamping of the bear. It's amazing how adding 3 ink colors just makes him evolve into a real life teddie!

Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Baby Bear, Weather Together
  • Inks: Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip
  • Cardstock: Soft Sky, Island Indigo, Whisper White
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Blender Pen
I hope you enjoyed this month's project and I now direct you to hop over to Lisa Martz, I know you'll love her projects and thanks for visiting today!


http://lvstmpn.wordpress.com/2016/06/controlfreaksjune2016.html

6 comments:

  1. Love your CAS cards - ALL of them! Each so totally unique and different that I can't pick a fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the combination of sets you used together - fabulous cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE clean and simple! Will be casing for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three AWESOME cards. I especially like the one with the two guitars - not my favorite set in the catty - but, now I want it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the 3-d effect for the globe. I love globes and maps, but was not sure how to use that stamp. GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! My favorite is the globe with the 3D effect! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly