June 15, 2016

Blue Pineapple?

As a papercrafter, I oftentimes create cards with non-traditional colors. I like experimenting that way. Today's card is no different. I thought I would do double-duty by stamping my Pineapple with Pool Party Ink first and then stamp again using Dapper Denim Ink:



If you take a quick peek at the two layers of ink, you can see the outline from the first layer into the 2nd layer. I love the pattern you can see in the crown of the pineapple. Do you see it?



Did you also notice the gold embossing on the 4 edges of my stamped layer? I took my VersaMark Ink Pad and swiped it along the edges and then sprinkled with Gold Embossing Powder. Love how this looks. It is so pretty and shiny!




Here are the directions:
  • Card Base: Dapper Denim Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score at 5-1/2" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Gold Foil Sheets 4" x 5-1/4". Glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 3-3/4" x 5". Stamp the bottom of the cardstock using Pool Party Ink and the top of the crown on the left and right side only. Don't stamp in the center. Using Pool Party Ink, stamp the whole pineapple about 1" from the left. Clean your stamp and ink the pineapple in Dapper Denim ink. Stamp over the first pineapple to the right about 1/4". Stamp the crown only on the very bottom over all of the images.
  • Gold Embossing: Swipe a VersaMark Ink Pad along all 4 sides of the cardstock. Sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and use a Heat Tool to set. Stamp the splatter stamp from Swirly Birds at the bottom using VersaMark Ink (not on the pineapples) and sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and set with Heat Tool. Glue to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Sentiment: Use the ENJOY sentiment from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies and cut one with Gold Fold Sheets and 3 with Whisper White Cardstock. Layer all of them on top of each other with the gold being on top. Glue to the pineapple.
Supplies:
  • Stamps: Pineapple, Swirly Bird
  • Inks: Pool Party, Dapper Denim, VersaMark
  • Cardstock: Dapper Denim, Whisper White, Gold Foil Sheets
  • Tools: Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!




debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Non-traditional colors are cool and this blue pineapple is no exception. I love that gold swiped edging!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly