May 2, 2016

Merry Monday #203!

Kristie's challenge at Merry Monday this week is to add glitter to an ombre project. If you know me well, you know I love to use techniques in my projects when I can so using the ombre AND adding glitter....wow!


I decided to use 3 colors to create the ombre layer.  Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride and Watermelon Wonder. Once I had them all glued to a white cardstock piece underneath, I embossed the layer:


My next step was to pounce the cardstock with VersaMark Ink and sprinkle with Heat & Stick Powder. I melted the powder with my Heat Tool and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. I heated the cardstock one more time so that the Heat & Stick would pull in the glitter. It is so gorgeous in real life!


I am sure of my teammates have some shimmer & sparkle to show you today so make sure you head over to Merry Monday to take a peek and maybe you'll decide to participate this week!

Supplies Used:
  • Stamp Set: Wondrous Wreath
  • Inks: Craft White, VersaMark
  • Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
  • Accessories: White Perfect Accents (colored with a brown Permanent Marker), Blackberry Bliss Striped Cotton Ribbon, Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Ribbon
  • Tools: Heat Tool, Heat & Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Decorative Label Punch, Stapler, Stampin' Dimensionals, retired embossing folder

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today! New Host/Hostess Code for May:


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Just love the trio of pink panels for the ombre, Debbie - so great embossed and glittered! Thanks for describing the steps too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered how you got that dry embossed and glittered, now I know your secret. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see that this is gorgeous with all that sparkle! Pretty embossed panels too! Hope you have a great week, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Debbie, I love how the glitter shimmers against the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much gorgeous sparkle, Debbie! LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Loving all that pink sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!