May 25, 2016

Love & Affection and Designer Paper!

Have you ever made your own designer paper? I love taking an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of cardstock and stamping all over it to use for lots of cards. Today though I am only doing a partial piece of cardstock. Notice the pretty flowered layer on today's card, that's my homemade designer paper!



Here's a pretty close-up:


I even stamped, white-embossed and hand-cut the flowers you see placed strategically in the background. I glued them in place with Stampin' Dimensionals for height. Want to create a card just like this? Follow along:

Step 1:


Using the Love & Affection stamp set (new in the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog....you have to wait til June 1st to order...sorry!), stamp the flowers and branches using the new Sweet Sugarplum and Emerald Envy Ink Pads. I did not stamp the very bottom because I am going to cut the curvy shape.

Step 2:


Using a plate and pencil, trace the curve of the plate on the backside and then cut on the pencil line with Paper Snips. Remember that you are on the backside and you should place your plate on the opposite end that you want curved. It will be backwards when you flip it over. You cardstock layer should now look like this:



Glue to the Emerald Envy card base measuring 11" x 4-1/4", scored at 5-1/2" and folded. Stamp 3 flowers using VersaMark Ink on Emerald Envy Cardstock and sprinkle with White Embossing Powder. Use your Heat Tool to melt the embossing powder and hand-cut all 3 flowers. Glue them in place over the designer paper using Stampin' Dimensionals and add Pearl Jewels in the center of each flower.


Did you notice how curvy my sentiment is below the designer paper? Did you know you can position the photopolymer stamps in any direction because they are so flexible? That's what I did on this card. I shape my sentiment to the curve of the cardstock and stamped with VersaMark Ink and again sprinkled with White Embossing Powder and used the Heat Tool.


I hope you enjoyed my card and mini tutorial today! Oh and come back at 7 p.m. as I am participating in a Maine Stampin' Up! Demo's Blog Hop! We are featuring new Stampin' Up! products!


 
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

7 comments:

  1. Debbie,
    Love the design you created with this stamp set! This card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Debbie. I love your homemade designer paper, the colors are gorgeous together. Oh, and thanks for the tip of using a plate to create a curved edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb, love this ticket for sure. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonsoir Debbie, toute l'après-midi j'ai regardé vos vidéos et j'ai même fait une carte; dommage que je ne comprenne pas votre langue. Vos cartes sont plus magnifiques les unes que les autres, merci de votre partage et bonne continuation (j'habite en Belgique). Amitiés. Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salut Nicole! Merci pour avoir visite mes videos. Je parle francais un petit peux. Mes parents vien du Canada! Merci beaucoup!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly