Today we are all going to "Color Me Happy" for our theme at Create with Connie & Mary. I dug out my large flower image from the You've Got This stamp set. Isn't it pretty all colored up?
And what is one of the best ways to color? By first stamping on Watercolor Paper and then using a Blender Pen and Ink Pads to add color. What do you think of this close-up?
I used Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight for my ink colors. I left some white space on purpose on the petals and I love the way they turned out. Here's the card recipe:
- Card Base: Daffodil Delight Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold in the center at 5-1/2".
- Layer #2: Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper 5-1/4" x 3". Glue to the very right of the card base leaving 1/4" on the 3 edges.
- Layer #4: Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper 5-1/4" x 1-1/4". Set aside.
- Layer #5: Silver Glimmer Paper 5-1/4" x 1/2". Glue to the underside of layer #4 so that 1/4" sticks out. Glue this layer to the very left of the card base leaving 1/4" on the edge.
- Layer #6: Watercolor Paper cut with the Lots Of Labels Dies. Stamp the flower image using Memento Black Ink. Color the flower using a Blender Pen and Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight inks. Glue the layer to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals. Color the center of the flower and the leave with Clear Wink Of Stella.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment on a scrap piece of Watercolor Paper and hand-cut into a rectangle. Glue to the watercolor layer.
- Stamps: You've Got This
- Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Watercolor Paper, Silver Glimmer Paper
- DSP: Birthday Bouquet
- Inks: Blushing Bride, Watermelon Wonder, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Memento Black
- Tools: Blender Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Clear Wink Of Stella
A reminder that our Mini Session for May is up now at Create with Connie & Mary. We will be focusing on the following stamp sets:
PREORDER BONUS PROJECT:
Purchase BOTH May and June 2016 Mini Sessions and get this BONUS PREORDER PROJECT using Love & Affection Stamp Set and Affectionately Yours Designer Paper, perfect for your hostesses or to give as a gift! Visit Create with Connie & Mary to order your subscription today!