May 12, 2016

CAS Mix Up May 2016 Challenge!

I have more new goodies to show you today from the new and almost here 2016-2017 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog. I combined my new goodies with the May CAS Mix Up Challenge:




We were not able to purchase the new Copper Embossing Powder that is coming soon during our pre-order so I had to get creative on the "Heat Embossing" requirement for my card. I wanted everything to coordinate with these beautiful colors from the Affectionately Yours Designer Paper which does include copper embossing to it. Isn't it lovely?



So what I ended up doing is creating my own colored heat embossing. My flowers and leaves are the heat embossed layers. For the flower I inked my stamp in VersaMark Ink first and followed that by Flirty Flamingo Ink. The VersaMark keeps the other ink wet long enough to sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder. I did the same for the leaves using Emerald Envy Ink. 


Look at the pretty copper shimmer on the paper. It's beautiful. So I have my stamping and my heat embossing done for the challenge. My third option was to color my images with a Blender Pen and ink from my ink pads to give a watercolor look:


Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Affectionately Yours
  • Inks: Flirty Flamingo, Emerald Envy, Daffodil Delight
  • Cardstock: Flirty Flamingo, Emerald Envy, Whisper White
  • Tools: Decorative Label Punch, 2" Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Accessories: Pearl Jewels, Flirty Flamingo Ruched Ribbon
  • DSP: Affectionately Yours


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty embossed flower, Debbie! I can't wait to get my new colors! Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty floral design Debbie. Your new toys are awesome. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!