May 21, 2016

Create with Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop!

It's Saturday Blog Hop Time! Good Morning Readers and welcome to "A Fond Farewell" theme at Create with Connie & Mary!



My "Fond Farewell" is the Blended Bloom stamp image. I love to color and this stamp image is so perfect for that. So how did I color my flower for today's card?




I stamped the image using VersaMark Ink and heat-embossed using Black Embossing Powder. I then used an old Blender Pen and high-lighted with bleach! I keep this old Blender Pen of mine just for bleaching:




Once you color the bleach on, it starts to lighten the cardstock. It's such a beautiful technique to use. I also colored the center of the flower with Gold Wink Of Stella. Here are the steps to creating this card:

  • Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold in the center at 5-1/2".
  • Layer #2: Neutrals Paper Stack. Stamp the background image from the Flowering Flourishes (another retiring stamp set) using Basic Black Ink. Stamp the sentiment from the Suite Sayings stamp set at the bottom right with the Basic Black Ink also. Using Black Baker's Twine, wrap around the paper 3 times and tie into a bow. Glue layer to card base.
  • Layer #4:  Stamp the flower image from Blended Bloom using VersaMark Ink on Pool Party Cardstock. Sprinkle with Black Embossing Powder and heat with the Heat Tool. Hand-cut the flower. Using an old Blender Pen and a small dish of bleach, dip the Blender Pen in bleach and trace each petal. Color where the petals are bend forward also. Allow to dry.  Color the center of the flower with Gold Wink Of Stella. Glue the flower to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals!
Supplies:
  • Stamps: Blended Bloom, Flowering Flourishes, Suite Sayings
  • Inks: Basic Black, VersaMark
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Pool Party
  • DSP: Neutrals Paper Stack
  • Accessories: Black Baker's Twine
  • Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Gold Wink Of Stella, old Blender Pen
  • Misc: Bleach
To follow the hop, you can now click on the links below to visit my talented teammates, Nicole at Be Creative with Nicole, or Melissa at RubberFunatics:

http://www.becreativewithnicole.com/


http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/

 

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Your bloom is just gorgeous! I love how you colored it and showcased it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Debbie! I've never tried using bleach, but it looks simple. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!