April 20, 2016

Triple Panel Standing Card Fold!

I'm on the road today with my daughter and granddaughter so this will be a short post. I made this card quite a number of months ago for an Advanced Class and ended up not being able to squeeze the class in. I unfortunately no longer have the card so I don't have the measurements for you. I do know that it is 5-1/2" vertically and it probably would be easy to replicate:


The stamp sets I used are the Kinda Eclectic and Amazing Birthday. See how it opens to reveal 3 panels and how easily the card stands up for display:


The corners are all cut using the Curvy Corner Trio Punch. I love how all the stamped layers look that are glued to the center panel. This stamp set is one of my favorites and the black and mint macaron look so striking against the Calypso Coral Ink and Cardstock:


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!




debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. This is a really neat card. I like the different patterns. This sort of has an Asian feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card using the corner punch! I have made similar cards. The dimensions I used are: CS 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" base; score at 2", 3 1/8", 5 7/8" and 6 1/2". Then valley/mountain those scores. DSP: 2 pcs 1 3/4" x 5 1/4" for the two outer panels and 1 pc 2" x 5 1/4" for the center panel. If you want to put DSP on the 1 1/8" panels, they would be 7/8" x 5 1/4" (all DSP panels leave a 1/8" border. Top square piece is 4" x 4" embellished as you wish. When folded closed, your card will be approx. 4 x 5 1/2 = will fit a A2 envelope. I can't remember where I found the instructions, but on YouTube there's a video by "cardcrazy09" titled New Card Fold - Tuesdays with Expression. Hope this helps you and your blog followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for adding this Marie, I copied it from somewhere and couldn't find it!

      Delete
  3. I just watched the video Marie mentioned and it helped with the folding and all the measurements Marie gave above. Thank you both for sharing. I love the design of this card and the colors you used, Debbie. I have to make a graduation card today and I will use this for my inspiration in Blackberry Bliss and Mossy Meadow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for adding dimensions Mary and Debbie this is a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scoring measurements listed above are incorrect. They should be scored at 2", 3 1/8", 5 3/8" (not 5 7/8" ), and 6 1/2". Thanks for the inspiration.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!