I decided to stick with a Monochromatic card to display the chosen color along with Whisper White and I added just the right amount of sparkle by adding a Metallic Doily and Clear Wink Of Stella:
My card starts out this way:
- Card Base: Tangelo Twist 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Sponge the background by placing the Happy Patterns Decorative Mask at a slight angle and sponging the design with Tangelo Twist Ink and a Sponge Dauber. Add the dotted stamp image from the Watercolor Wings stamp set and Tangelo Twist Ink. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Cut a piece of the Gold Foil Sheets measuring 1/2" x 3-1/2". Cut on end into a "V" and glue to card front about 3/8" from the bottom and to the left.
- Layer #4: Tangelo Twist Cardstock 1/2" x 2-7/8". Cut one end into a "V". Stamp the sentiment using Tangelo Twist Ink. Glue layered over the Gold Foil layer about 1/4" higher.
Now lets focus on the next few layers:
- Glue a Metallic Foil Doily about 1" from the top in place on the Whisper White Cardstock layer.
- Stamp the 2-Step butterfly using Tangelo Twist Ink. The first layer is stamped on a scrap paper first and without re-inking, stamp for the lighter tone. Add the 2nd stamped image. Cut out with the Bold Butterfly Framelits Dies. Glue Metallic Sequins to the butterfly and glue centered over the doily using Stampin' Dimensionals.
See the shimmer & shine? My last step was the color the butterfly using my Clear Wink Of Stella (love that stuff!).
Now you can follow the hop by clicking on the links below to visit my talented teammates, Nicole at Be Creative with Nicole, or Melissa at RubberFunatics: