April 3, 2016

Melted Crayons Background Technique!

Sooo, I'm right in the middle of getting ready for the debut of my Online Techniques Class so I do not have a new video for you today. I do however, have a new technique. Do you have a long list of "to-try's"? This is something I've wanted to try for a long time and I finally did it!

So my card features the "Melted Crayons Art Technique". If I was to do this again, I would stand my cardstock piece inside of a box. I had a little bit of a mess, not too badly but a little. The crayons did splatter a little bit. So how did I do this?


I cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock 3-3/4" wide and longer than usual at about 7". So 3-3/4" x 7". This is a great technique to use up some of those broken crayons that your kids or grand-kids may have in a container. At the very top of your cardstock piece, add a piece of double-sided tape. I used Tear & Tape. Press the crayons in place on the tape to hold them. I placed mine horizontally once the paper was removed from the crayons. My crayon pieces were about an inch long. I used yellow, orange, blue then green.

Once my crayon pieces were in place, (here is where I would use a box and stand the cardstock piece inside against the back wall of the box). Use a Heat Tool and add heat to the crayons. The crayons will start to melt and drip onto the cardstock. Heat for as long as you want to the color to melt and drip vertical on you. Make sure you keep moving your Heat Tool back and forth. 


Once you are happy with the results, lay the cardstock flat inside the box and gently re-heat the melted crayons and quickly sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. The glitter will stick to the melted crayon. Let the cardstock sit so the melted crayon hardens back up and then cut the top off so that the cardstock measures 5" long. Decorate your card as you like! I used the Celebrate Today stamp set and the Balloon Framelits Dies for my card!

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:
  • Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Gold Foil
  • Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Night Of Navy
  • Stamps: Celebrate Today
  • Accessories: Metallic Gold Baker's Twine
  • Tools: Decorative Label Punch, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Balloon Framelits Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Heat Tool
  • Misc: Crayons

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!




debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, so glad you tried this, Debbie, now I will too as your instructions are excellent! Going to check the crayon box I always have ready for my grandsons right now! Very pretty card you made. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun technique (even if there was a little mess)! Your melted crayon background looks fabulous!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card using this technique! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly