April 5, 2016

Kaitlynn's 8th Birthday Party!

It was a "Frozen" theme for my granddaughter Kaitlynn's 8th birthday party this past last weekend! Everything looked so wonderful with all the blue tones. This is the first year Kaitlynn invited girls only to her party and it was a little quieter and less rambunctious than usual without the boys.

So I started out a few months ago with creating the invites for the party. I knew I wanted to incorporate Elsa's dress and the famous braid:


I did use some retired products so that I could get exactly what I had pictured in my head. The retired "Dress Up Framelits Dies" were perfect for Elsa's dress. I extended each dress to make them longer. The top & bodice were cut separately so I could layer them:


It's hard for you to see in the photo but I used the Clear Wink Of Stella on the tops of each dress after I added the stamped snowflakes. And yes, I hand-made all of the braids for each card using twine:


I even added tulle behind the dress to make it look like a flowing gown. And this was the inside of each card with the phone number blurred out for privacy. I printed these with my printer and then added a white cardstock banner with the location on it that you don't see here:


Next in line was the card I made for Kaitlynn. Love how the stamped images and the number #8 paired up together look:


I used the "Number Of Years" stamp set and added some "Have A Cuppa Designer Paper" in the background.  I love how the "Whisper White Seam Binding Ribbon" looks in the quadruple bow I made:



The birthday girl wore her Elsa dress and this ribbon was pinned to her:



And my daughter had asked me if I could create a "Pin the Nose on Olaf" and we found one just like this on Pinterest. I hand-drew all the pieces on poster paper, colored and shaded them and then hand-cut them all:


This is what poor Olaf looked like when the girls were done adding their noses:


This was Kaitlynn's Olaf nose:



A station was set up for "building a snowman":


And this was Kaitlynn's version with Grammy's help:


If you know Olaf, you'll understand the labeling on the following:


These are Jello Jigglers that Jessica made using ice cube trays for Kristoff's Ice Cubes. They were a huge hit, everyone loved them!


Icicle shaped rock candies packaged in cello bags.


I made these home-made Rice Krispies squares on a stick, dipped in blue candy dots and packaged in cello bags with Baker's Twine at the top.


I also made the 2-toned swirly cookies and we added 
Kisses to Melt A Frozen Heart.


Frozen Punch, we added a bottle of ginger ale, blue Hawaiian Punch, Pineapple Juice and floated Vanilla Ice Cream on the top for the punch. It was delish!


Yoo Hoo drinks for those that did not want punch. I've never seen the movie Frozen so I'm not sure what the summer blowout means?


Carrot noses for Olaf dipped in Elsa's dip.


Pretzel's served as Sven's antlers.


White cheese balls to serve as Snowballs. And we also had a make your own sandwich station with veggies, deli meats, condiments and buns.


Kaitlynn had her own mini birthday cake to go with the 
dress-shaped cupcake dress:


You'll see some retired Stampin' Up! ribbon and I also colored some Jumbo Rhinestone Jewels with a light blue Permanent Marker to add to the top of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper cut with the Snow Flurry Punch for snowflakes.





We had game stations and snowman bowling. We also had a table set 
up for coloring projects because we all know that girls love to color!


Our little princess!


A photo booth area was set up that we used for the girls. We hung up two blue disposable tablecloth's and glued some foam snowflakes in the background. Here's one photo with Kaitlynn and Olaf. I did not include the group photo for privacy issues. 


We all had a great time and I still can't believe Kaitlynn is 8!

Place an order in April with ME and you will be
entered into my drawing for these prizes:


See who won for my March drawing:





debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, I just had to tell you how I loved everything! What a great job. Looks like so much fun too. How lucky Jessica and Kaitlynn are to have such a creative Grammy!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a party!! It looked like ALOT of fun and Debbie, you did a fabulous job on all the decorations! Your talent is thru the roof! Everything looked so nice and I hope Kaitlynn had a great day! Well done, Grammy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! You are a "Super" Grammy!! You did an amazing job with everything. Kaitlynn is one lucky little princess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful party! Memories to last a lifetime !
    A labor of love, I am certain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative party! I'm pinning your ideas for when I'm a Grammy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly