April 27, 2016

Global Design Project #GDP033 and Mojo Monday #445 Challenges!

I was so excited to learn that the Awesomely Artistic stamp set is going to be returning in our new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog in June! So excited indeed, that I am using it for today's card. For today's project I am participating in two challenges:



A color challenge for the Global Design Team #GDP033 and a sketch challenge for  Mojo Monday #445:




I started my project by creating a 5" x 5" square card base by cutting a piece of Sahara Sand Cardstock 10" x 5", scored in the center at 5" and folded:



I love the combination of Night Of Navy Cardstock and Calypso Coral Cardstock paired together for layer #2. A tip when gluing your strips in place....I cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" and glued all 3 strips to this layer. I then embossed all of the layers together using the Boho Chic Embossing Folder


The small white layer measures 2-1/2" x 2-1/2". I stamped all of the images and glued the layer in place using Stampin' Dimensionals. The dragonfly was hand-cut and adhered with a sliver of a Stampin' Dimensional.


Make sure you visit the Global Design Project and Mojo Monday to see lots of inspiration! I promise you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!

Reminder: the retiring products will be gone soon. Have you browsed the list to see what is up to 50% off? Here are the clickable links to view the retiring products:




debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. This is a very striking card. I recently got this set and it is a real keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous card Debbie! Thanks so much for sharing it with us and joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is a different and very beautiful color combo! I'm getting anxious to see the new catty, so peeks like yours are always welcomed! Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty love the color combo and wondered if the dragonfly is part of the UN retired set coming back in June?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card!!!! <3 Thank-you for playing along with the Global Design Project! ~ Krista from

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a sucker for a square card, and this one is gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done so well on this colour combo Debbie. Make sure you pin your project to the official Global Design Project Pinterest Board. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly