April 7, 2016

Global Design Project #GDP030!

I have really been enjoying the challenges over at the Global Design Project and today I am participating in their sketch challenge #GDP030 seen below:

When I first started stamping and wanted to learn how to layer, I played along with sketch challenges. It's a great way to learn. You don't always have to use the same shapes you see in the sketch photo. The sketch serves as a guide. Take a look at the card I created for the challenge:


Although my card is clean & simple, I used quite a few layers to make sure all of the elements lined up with the sketch and stamped on the bottom with tone-on-tone Basic Gray Ink over Basic Gray Cardstock. I love how the In The Meadow stamp set had the perfect sized image for the strip layer. I lightly sponged in some color and also added a sun by sponging around a 1" circle and then filling it in with So Saffron Ink. I added Stampin' Dimensionals between the stamped layer and the Old Olive Cardstock layer:



The Tea Lace Doily was cut using only 7 of the scallops and glued in place tucked under the stamped layer. I then added a layer of Soft Sky Cardstock that was cut with the Bloomin Hearts Thinlits Dies and sponged on the edges with Soft Sky Ink. I completed the card by adding a solo So Saffron Cardstock flower with a Rhinestone Jewel added in the center.


I really enjoyed creating this card using the beautiful sketch challenge. Make sure you visit the Global Design Project to see what else you can find for inspiration. There's lots there!


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

11 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous take on the sketch Debbie. I love the tone on tone stamping in the corner of your card base, and just that little hint of green card beneath your main image panel, makes everything stand out. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous card. Your card is the 1st I saw with this stamp I reeeally love. Thank´s for showing me it.
    Thanks for playing with us this week.
    Vielen Dank, daß Du bei uns diese Woche mitgemacht hast.
    Hugs / LG Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely Debbie! What a clever way to use this stamp set and sketch together. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! We love you playing along with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie and thanks for having such wonderful challenges!

      Delete
  4. Stunningly beautiful, Debbie! What a great collection of colors and images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very deserving winner this week Debbie, your card is just stunning x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly