April 19, 2016

Control Freaks April Blog Hop!

It's "Ladies & Gentlemen" for our April theme this month for the Control Freaks. I had so much fun creating my projects to show you tonight!

You may have arrived here from Mindy Backes blog. Weren't her projects so appropriate for our theme  this month? Once you view my projects, I will direct you to the next stop at the end of my post.

I have 2 sets of coordinating projects for you tonight. I created matching tags for both cards using the same products. These projects were so much fun! I plan on using both of these sets for my parents for Mother's Day and Father's Day:



Let's start with the "Gentlemen" portion of our theme:



The Bear Hugs stamp set and coordinating and Bear Hugs Framelits Dies have been one of my favorite bundles. I love how you can stamp the bear, cut him out with the framelits and then flip him over and stamp him on the reverse side using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. In doing so, you can fold his little arms over like I did here and have the stamped image show on both sides:


The Schoolhouse Designer Paper has a nice sheet of the Tangerine Tango Geometric design that I used on one of my layers along with the White Corrugated Paper. Did you notice the stenciling on the card base? I used the Happy Patterns Decorative Masks and my sponges to add Marina Mist Ink. So quick & easy.

Next up is my "Ladies" projects:


For these two projects I used the Boho Chic Embossing Folder on the white layers and I created a window for the sentiment to peek through on the card. The stamped images were all stamped with the Birthday Blooms stamp set, colored with a Blender Pen and my ink pads and hand-cut. I added the Gold Wink of Stella to all of the images and look at all of those Pearl Jewels that I used! Love it!


 
See how sparkly and shimmery up close? Please visit the whole blog hop tour as you will be sure to see wonderful male & female themed projects. Next in line is my wonderful and creative teammate Melissa Davies with more awesome projects to show you! Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!

http://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/2016/04/controlfreaksapr2016.html

2 comments:

  1. Ah ha! I wondered how people got the bear's paws stamped on both sides. These are fun cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!