April 8, 2016

Kylie's International Blog Highlight for April!

Hi Stampers! I have another treat for you today. I am once again participating with the International Blog Highlight! What does that mean? It means my blog friend Kylie Bertucci is once again hosting a "Blog Highlight" with entries from demonstrators all over the world! You'll have lots of inspiration to view just like last month.


The theme this time is LOVE! It can be any type of love....baby, wedding, anniversary, romance, friend, animal...there are lots of options for this theme.

After you view my card, PLEASE visit Kylie's Blog and vote for me as one of your favorites. I am #2 and all you have to do is click in the top right-hand corner on the little heart to cast your vote!

So here is my LOVE card:


I wanted to keep my card "Clean & Simple" or CAS and I threw in some good ol' Punch Art in the mix:


The hearts are all folded in half and glued to each other to create the 3D look. What's great is that you can fold them flat for mailing. I even used a black Permanent marker to color some Pearl Jewels to add to the background of my card:


Here are the steps to creating my card:
  • Card Base: Smoky Slate Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold in the center at 5-1/2"
  • Layer #2: Neutrals Paper Stack 5-1/2" x 3-3/4". Stamp the ribbon strings from the Balloon Builders stamp set using Basic Black Ink at the bottom left of the paper layer. Stamp the sentiment from the Friendly Wishes stamp set to the right of the balloon strings using Basic Black Ink.
  • Large Heart Balloon: Using the Sweetheart Punch, cut 5 using the Love Blossom Designer Paper Stack. Fold all 5 hearts in half at the point. Glue the hearts together by gluing each half stacked on top of each other. Once they are all glued to each other, fan them out and glue the balloon flat onto the designer paper layer and to the center balloon string.
  • Small Heart Balloons: Repeat the same steps as the large heart balloon using the small heart punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack. Create 2 small balloons and glue each balloon in place onto the designer paper and the 2 outside balloon strings.
  • Pearl Jewels: Color 3 Pearl Jewels using a black Permanent marker. I used left-over pearls from a previous Paper Pumpkin Kit. Glue to the background of the designer paper. Add Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of the designer paper and glue to card base.
I hope you enjoyed my LOVE Punch Art card for today and I hope you like it enough to go vote for me by visiting Kylie's Blog!


Friendly Wishes
Wood Mount Item #138698
Clear Mount Item #139579




Balloon Builder Photopolymer 
Item #140645


Sweetheart Punch 
Item #133786


Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack
Item #133787

******************************************


IT'S HERE!
CREATE WITH CONNIE & MARY

APRIL 2016 MINI SESSION
only $8.95 US
with projects using stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog!!

  • Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects...THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items...perfect for your club or stamp camp!
  • All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
  • Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month
And here's a SNEAK PEEK of the projects you will be receiving:


Stamp sets we will be using for the April Mini Session are:
  • Bear Hugs
  • A Nice Cuppa
  • Helping Me Grow
  • Suite Sayings
  • Timeless Textures


Visit Create with Connie & Mary to purchase your subscription today!


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

8 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I love your 3D heart balloons. And the permanent marker tip to create the black pearls. TFS :) -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your card Debbie! Thank you for taking part in our international blog highlight and making it such a success! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you for doing this Kylie. I love participating and love all the different things you do on your blog!

      Delete
  3. Great card, Debbie! I love the heart balloons you created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking my card Melissa and for visiting!

      Delete
  4. What a cute card. Love the balloons and your colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Debbie! Love this idea with the punches! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!