March 7, 2016

Merry Monday #195!

Hi Friends! I hope you had a good weekend. Dave and I ventured out to a Can-Am International Dog Sled Race this weekend which about 2-1/2 hours from where we live. This is an annual event and it's something we've always wanted to go watch. There were 3 races and I can't believe those dogs are made to go 250 miles in one of the races. Crazy! And there were mushers from everywhere!

So this week's theme for our Merry Monday Challenge is by Nina and she wants us all to add buttons to our cards:
 
 
I have to tell you that I am not big on using buttons on my cards. I can never seem to be able to use them effectively on a card. So in order to avoid bulk, I made my own "Punch Art Buttons" for my card:


I even used Crystal Effects and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on them while they were still wet after I had them all cut and glued the way I wanted. I used circle punches and made rings to add to the tops of my circles. I then used a 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch to add the small holes in the center:

I hope to see your card in our project gallery this week. Be sure to visit my teammates to see how they added buttons to their cards. Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Timeless Textures, Partridge & Pears
  • Inks: Rose Red, Wild Wasbi, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
  • Cardstock: Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Gold Foil
  • Accessories: Gold Cording, Dazzling Diamonds
  • Tools: 1" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, 1/8" Handheld Circle Punch, Glue Dots, Delicate Ornaments Thinlits Dies, Crystal Effects 



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. What an amazing card, Debbie! I would have never thought the buttons were not actual buttons...they are amazing & perfect!! WOW! I am not one to use buttons alot either because of the bulk on mailing but you now have inspired me to make the buttons with paper! Thank You! Love this! Have a wonderful week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you clever girl!!! how cute is that to use buttons for Christmas ornaments. I'm with you, I prefer to use punch art buttons too

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great buttons and not so bulky as the real things! Love the sparkle and shine and that you've made ornaments out of them! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Debbie, I love your little button ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you certainly did an awesome job with these buttons. I struggled with this challenge. I love how you made them shiny. I actually thought they were real. Have a great week, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding buttons, I thought for sure they were real ones!! Love your background for those "baubles"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your button ornaments, Debbie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought they were "REAL" buttons. Great job on this challenge with these cute buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your buttons look fantastic!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly