Isn't my little sheep the cutest? All I did was snip the ends off of each Q-Tip and started building the body and the bangs. I love it!
Here are the steps to my card:
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold in the center at 5-1/2".
- Layer #2: Smoky Slate Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Emboss with the Chevron Embossing Folder. Don't glue to the card base yet.
- Layer #3: Have A Cuppa Designer Paper 4" x 4-1/2". Start at the 4-1/2" bottom right-hand corner and cut at an angle to 2-1/2" on the opposite side. Glue over the Smoky Slate layer. Wrap Baker's Twine around the cardstock 3 times and glue the ends to the back of the cardstock. Glue to card base. Glue to card base.
- Layer #4: Whisper White Cardstock 2-1/4" x 3-1/2". Stamp the sentiment at the top using Memento Black Ink. Glue to card front about 3/4" from the top and 1/4" from the left-hand side using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Banners: Cut 2 banners using Basic Black Cardstock and the Banner Punch. Add adhesive to the back and side them under the sentiment layer. You may have to snip the end of the shortest banner. Add Rhinestone Jewels to each banner as shown in the photo.
- Sheep: For the body I started with a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock cut with the Extra Large Oval Punch and glued all of my Q-Tips with the hot glue gun. Using Basic Black Cardstock, cut 2 using the Word Window Punch and cut them both in half the long way. Glue to the back of the body to create the 4 legs. The head is Whisper White Cardstock cut with the 1" Circle Punch and I added ears with the wing of the Bird Punch. Add 3 Q-Tips for the bangs and tie a small bow using the Baker's Twine Combo Pack. Add 2 googly eyes and glue to the body using the hot glue gun. Glue to the card front using hot glue also.
- Stamps: Suite Sayings
- Inks: Memento Black
- DSP: Have A Cuppa
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White
- Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Baker's Twine Combo Pack
- Tools: Banners Punch, Chevron Embossing Folder, Extra Large Oval Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Bird Punch, Word Window Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals
- Misc: Q-Tips, Googly Eyes, Hot Glue Gun
Our March Mini Session is now available for purchase at Create with Connie & Mary! This month we are featuring projects from the Occasions AND Sale-A-Bration Catalogs. Get some great ideas for your Spring classes! AND...see our SPRING BONUS PROJECT when you purchase March and April Mini Sessions together! I am again one of the designers:
SPRING BONUS PROJECT:
Purchase both the March and April Mini Sessions together and get a BONUS SPRING project immediately using the Going Global Stamp Set and Going Places DSP! Visit Create with Connie & Mary to purchase now and you'll receive the projects on March 11th when we go live!