March 19, 2016

Control Freaks March Blog Hop!



Good Evening! Tonight we are posting Easter or Spring-Themed projects for our monthly Control Freaks Blog Hop! You may have arrived here from Wendy Weixler's blog. Didn't her projects give you spring fever? I will direct you to the next stop at the end of my post.

I have 3 projects for you tonight. The first two projects are a coordinating set:


I created the card by first embossing my Tip Top Taupe Cardstock base using the Brick Wall Embossing Folder and then adding Soft Suede Cardstock pieces to create a sponged "Faux Door". I even added a Silver Foil doorknob!


The stamp set I used for the wreath & sentiment is from the Circle Of Spring stamp set that also coordinates with the Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies. The same products were used on my treat holder below which was cut with the Pyramid Pals Thinlits Dies:


So neat how the wreath fits right over the top of my treat holder and looks great, don't you think? The die-cut bow on both projects is from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies.

My 3rd project is my swap card that I traded with 19 of my Freaky Friends:


I had fun adding some stenciling, some stamping and some die-cutting to this card. I love the way this turned out with the die-cut ring I made to resemble a wreath. And I was able to add flowers to the wreath with our beautiful Botanical Builder Framelits Dies:


The Happy Patterns Decorative Masks are so much fun to use. That's how I added my sponged background on this card. 

I hope you enjoyed my 3 projects for this month and please visit the whole blog hop tour as you will be sure to see wonderful spring & Easter-themed projects. Next in line is my wonderful and creative teammate Kelly Acheson with more awesome projects to show you!


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!

5 comments:

  1. Love Love Love your projects - can't wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Love your Easter door! And...I loved your swap card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Easter door wreath! I never would have thought beyond Christmas, but this looks GREAT! (And I am one of the lucky recipients of that swap card, and it looks even more fab in real life!) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I love each of your projects! They are so fresh, creative and inventive! You are such an artist, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Spring projects! Love the wreath with the coordinating card and gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!