February 18, 2016

Waste Not Want Not?

Do you waste or do you keep scraps of cardstock, designer paper or glimmer paper? Stampin' Up! started selling Glimmer Paper a few years ago in our catalogs,  since then, I try to conserve every little piece that I can. Today's two cards will show you just that. Do you do the same thing I do? It shimmers and shines so much that I hate to throw even the tiniest of pieces away!

So both cards use the Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper cut with the Rose Garden Thinlits Die. What I used on Card #1 is the outlined part of the die:


Isn't the Glimmer Paper beautiful? You should see it in real life and I know I can convince you to purchase some now if you haven't already...right?


For Card #2 I kept all the "guts" from the die-cut on Card #1 and inserted them into a 2nd die-cut from Whisper White Cardstock. All I did was glue the white die-cut on my card base and then glued all the Blushing Bride Glimmer pieces on the inside of the flower:


So as you can see....no waste of my precious paper! Take notice the shape of my card base below:


My cardstock base measures 11" x 4-1/4". I scored on each end at 1/2" and 1" and in the center at 5-1/2". I then folded on all score lines and glued the two end pieces layered over each other to create a tent card!



Supplies for Card #1:

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly