That's when I had a tiny little light bulb moment. Funny how that happens when you least expect it. My immediate-within-2-seconds-thought was...hey, a shaker card! And thus, this was born:
Do you see my sprinkles and isn't this the neatest idea?
Here are the steps to creating this card using this stamp set:
Balloon Celebration, Item #140675 $26.00
and this other stamp set:
Party With Cake, Item #140672 $20.00
- Card Base: So Saffron Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
- Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4". Stamp the balloon strings using Smoky Slate Ink. Add the balloon images using Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, So Saffron, Cajun Craze and Marina Mist Ink. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Pool Party Cardstock measuring 5-1/4" x 4". Cut a hole in the center using the Ovals Collection Framelits Dies #5. Emboss with the Confetti Embossing Folder:
Confetti Embossing Folder, Item #140592 $7.50
- Glue a Window Sheet measuring 3-1/2" x 4-1/2" to the back of the oval. Use the small skinny strips on the edge of a sheet of Stampin' Dimensionals and glue around the oval on the Window Sheet. Make sure there are no holes or spaces to keep the sprinkles inside. Remove backing from the dimensionals strip. Place a small amount of sprinkles in the center of the stamped image layer. (about a quarter size) Press the cardstock to the card base to seal.
- Layer #4: Using So Saffron Cardstock, use the same oval #5 and add #6 to cut a ring. Glue the ring over the embossed layer.
- Layer #5: Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 3-3/4" x 1/2". Trim the two ends into a "V". Stamp the sentiment using Tangerine Tango Ink. Glue the banner to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamps: Balloon Celebration, Party With Cake
- Cardstock: So Saffron, Pool Party, Whisper White
- Inks: Smoky Slate, Tangerine Tango, Pool Party, So Saffron, Cajun Craze and Marina Mist
- Tools: Ovals Collection Framelits Dies, Window Sheets, Confetti Embossing Folder, Stampin' Dimensionals
- Misc: Candy Sprinkles