I decided to use the Beautiful Ride stamp set and I love how this card turned out. Clean & simple & lots of white space:
I knew I wanted to add the happy couple along-side the love bug so I used the "Masking Technique" on my card. Notice how the couple is placed in front of the car and you can not see the lines from the back of the car? It looks like the two stamps are actually one don't they?
Here are the steps I used to create my card:
- Card Base: Daffodil Delight Cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score in the center at 4-1/4" and fold.
- Layer #2: Soft Suede Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
- Mask: Stamp the happy couple on a post-it note or scrap piece of paper using Memento Black Ink and hand-cut. Set aside.
- Layer #3: Shimmery White Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4". Stamp the happy couple to the lower right-hand side using Memento Black Ink. Cover the stamped image with the mask you created. Ink up the car image using Memento Black Ink and stamp on the cardstock layer and stamping over the mask. Once the image is stamped, remove the mask. Use inks and a Blender Pen to color in both images. I used Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Smoky Slate, Basic Black and Island Indigo Inks. I colored the skin tones with my Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker. Add some highlights below the car and happy couple with Soft Suede Ink using an Aqua Painter.
- Sentiment & Hearts: Stamp the sentiment and hearts using Memento Black Ink and color the hearts using Island Indigo Ink. Glue cardstock to card front.
- Bling: Add a few Rhinestone Jewels to the background of your card.
Stampin' Up! Supplies:
- Stamps: Beautiful Ride
- Inks: Memento Black, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Marina Mist, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Island Indigo
- Cardstock: Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Shimmery White
- Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools: Blender Pen, Aqua Painter