February 19, 2016

Control Freaks February Blog Hop!


Welcome to our Control Freaks February Blog Hop! This month our theme is "Sale-A-Bration". Have you earned some new Stampin' Up! products yet? If so, you'll have lots of inspiration to draw from. You may have arrived here from my wonderful teammate Connie Babbert's blog. Didn't you just love her Sale-A-Bration projects?

This is what I created for you for this month's theme. I used 3 different stamp sets I earned for FREE:


My first card uses the Flowering Fields stamp set:


I white-embossed all three of the flower images on Crumb Cake Cardstock and layered a Calypso Coral Cardstock "hello" from the Hello You Thinlits Dies. I added bling by first folding a piece of Calypso Coral Seam Binding Ribbon folded in half and flagged on each end and then secured with a Bow Paper Clip Embellishment to hold it in place.

For card #2 I used Wildflower Fields Designer Paper from Sale-A-Bration:


Some of the papers have rich, vibrant colors such as the one I used. I added in the hostess stamp set Love You Sew from the Occasions Catalog. I also used the Botanical Builder Framelits Dies and the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack to layer some flower around the sentiment. Did you notice all the hole's I punched out to coordinate with the sentiment? Cute!

My final card is a masculine card which uses the Sky Is The Limit stamp set. Although this stamp set was a Sale-A-Bration set that was available and ended on the 15th, I know lots of you acquired the set and I thought I would still use it to give you a card idea:


I used the Circles Collection Framelits Dies to cut out different sized rings to add over the Sweet L'il Things Designer Paper. Aren't the clouds in the pattern perfect for this airplane image? I also added some Vellum Cardstock clouds that were cut with the Tree Builder Punch. I wanted to add an additional pop of color so I cut 2 stars using Real Red Cardstock and Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. One star to be used as the propeller and the other to embellish the sentiment!

I will now direct you to my fabulous teammate Julie Davison. I'm sure you'll love her projects and make sure you take the whole hop and visit all of my Control Freaks Teammates!


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!

7 comments:

  1. A great trio of projects! I love the way the coral pops on the taupe card with the white flowers! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great showcase of Sale-A-Bration products! All three are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great variety of cards! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful samples! I love the flower dimension on card #2, and I am absolutely in love with Wildflower Fields on Crumb Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! Love the colors and the general "fun-ness" of them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. forgot to mention that the ribbon with that wire bow is way too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your cards. Thank you for sharing, and for the inspiration. I like the cirkles behind the plane. I did not think of that, so now I have another card to make, if it is all right to lift your card! Conny Hillgaard, http://connyssyslerier.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!