February 16, 2016

Altered Coffee Sleeve!

I was traveling with my hubby the other day and we stopped to get coffee and tea at a local Tim Horten's. I always ask for a sleeve for my cup because their liquids are SO HOT! We usually have to drive for almost 30 minutes before I can even take a sip!

Anyway, when Dave passed me my sleeve, I instantly thought of the Cups & Kettles Framelits Dies, Have A Cuppa Designer Paper and the A Nice Cuppa stamp set. Yes, I know, my mind never leaves the stamping world! My thoughts.....to cover the sleeve with some pretty designer paper and add some coffee or tea-related layers. So this was born:


This is what the sleeve looks like. Kinda plain and boring don't you think?


The first thing I did was to dig out the Have A Cuppa Designer Paper and I traced the sleeve twice. On the first one I traced, I added 1/4" extra on each end and the 2nd one I traced exact to the size. Once I had both designer paper pieces cut, I added Tear & Tape to both sides of the sleeve:


I glued some Venetian Crochet Trim around the top by pressing it in place over the Tear & Tape. I then glued the designer paper. The piece that is longer on each side is pressed in place first and I wrapped the two tabs around to the other side. I then added the 2nd piece on the 2nd side and overlapped onto the tabs:


The remainder of my layers are all stamped and cut with the dies. I used Blushing Bride Ink, Island Indigo Ink & Melon Mambo Ink all stamped on Whisper White Cardstock. The spoon is cut with Silver Foil Paper and the small heart is cut from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack using the designer paper:


For the citrus slice, I used the 1-3/8" Circle Punch and then trimmed the circle in half. I added a slit in the center so that I could tuck the slice into my tea cup. You can see in the photo above how the slice sits halfway inside the cup. 


These are all of the supplies I used:

Misc: Coffee Cup Sleeve

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!