January 13, 2016

The Love Bug!

I'm going to bring some of you back in time today and I hope you enjoy the ride! Have you seen the "Beautiful Ride" stamp set from the Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalog? It is the neatest stamp set and is a two-step stamping set. Why? Because you start out with one image and keep building from there:


My card depicts someone just "getting up and going" in their tie-dyed love bug! They even brought their luggage with em!


Once I completed my love bug, I hand-cut and added window sheets behind the holes for the windows. How did I complete my tie-dye technique? I'll show you...


I used multiple shades of greens, yellows and reds with my sponge daubers. Adding the darker shades of each color in the centers. I then used an Aqua Painter and added two rings of water to each color, leaving untouched ink in-between the rings. The rings spread on their own to create the tie-dyed look. The results are astounding:


Here are all the stamps included in the set:


And these are all of the supplies I used on my card:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly