I completed this background in just minutes and I really like the way it looks coordinated with other products and layers. Need a card in a flash that looks like you spent hours on? This is the one!
These are the Stampin' Up! products I used for today's card and you can save 15% by purchasing the stamp set and framelit die as a bundle:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
So here are the steps to follow to create today's card:
- Card Base: Hello Honey Cardstock measuring 11" x 4-1/4". Score & fold in the center at 5-1/2".
- Layer #2: Melon Mambo Cardstock measuring 4" x 5-1/4". Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock measuring 3-3/4" x 5". Place the Sunburst Framelits Die over the cardstock image and using the Melon Mambo and Hello Honey Stampin' Write Markers, trace the open points in the sunburst with one maker and make lines to fill in some of the white space. Alternate the colors until you have all of the open areas colored in. Remove stencil:
- Layer #4: Cut two strips of cardstock measuring 3-3/4" x 1/4" using Hello Honey & Melon Mambo Cardstocks. Glue to the bottom of the white layer about 1/4" from the bottom and leaving a 1/4" space between both colors.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment above the two cardstock strips using Memento Black Ink.
- Sentiment Layer: Use the 2" and 1-3/4" Circle Punches and Hello Honey Cardstock to cut out the 2 circles. Stamp the sentiment in the smaller circle using Memento Black Ink. Layer both circles together using Stampin' Dimensionals. Glue the layered circles to the center of the sunray.
- Bling: Add a few It's My Party Enamel Dots to the background!