January 12, 2016

Make your own Designer Paper!

Hi Stampers!  Have you ever gone through your stash of designer paper and can't find the exact colors you are looking for? Or maybe you are like me and you are not a patterned paper hoarder. I really am not. Once a catalog is overwith, I cut it up all of my left-overs and give sheets out as thank you's to my customers when they order from me. I'm even like that in real life. When I'm done with something, it's gone. I don't like clutter. My hubby sometimes looks at me and says "I hope you don't ever get done with me". (Like I would give him away), too funny!

Today I'm going to show you how to make your own designer paper using the perfect stamp set for this and the right colors I was looking for in creating my two cards:


I knew I wanted to use So Saffron, Blackberry Bliss and Wild Wasabi. I also ended up adding a 4th color of Tip Top Taupe once I got going. Here are some close-ups pics of my two cards for today:


And you can see below that I used the Clear Wink Of Stella on some of my leaves:


A little bit of Silver Glimmer Paper on this one:


And a few Rhinestone Jewels to add just the right amount of bling on both cards:


So here's how I created my own designer paper. I started out with the leaf image from the Botanical Blooms stamp set using Wild Wasabi Ink. I added some leaves all over my 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of Whisper White Cardstock:


I then added Blackberry Bliss Ink and a flower image to the mix:


Now it was time to add in the  So Saffron Ink by using a smaller flower image. Did you notice all the dots also? I added those by stamping with the Timeless Textures stamp set and Tip Top Taupe Ink:


Here's where I decided to add in one more image in the assortment so I added another leaf image. This time I used Tip Top Taupe Ink but stamped the image on scrap paper first, and without re-inking, stamped on my designer paper. I finished off each stamped image by adding stamped detail. You can see the Garden Green Ink in the large leaf. The Tip Top Taupe detail in the smaller leaf. And then the Blackberry Bliss and Crushed Curry in the two flowers:


So now I have designer paper that coordinates with several cardstock colors. To create my two cards, I cut the cardstock in half and in half again and ended up with a piece measuring 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". I cut this piece diagonally to use on both cards. One piece fits perfectly in the corner on the Wild Wasabi card base. On the So Saffron card base, I cut 1/4" off two ends to make it a little smaller. I hope you try this on your own and come up with lots of samples using the whole sheet of designer paper!

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 

Don't forget to check out Create with Connie & Mary's sign-up for the January Session. Our session is now live and I can't wait for you to see what we created for projects! We have a VALENTINE SPECIAL BONUS below!  Here are the details:


WI15Badge


* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects...THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items...perfect for your club or stamp camp!

* All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)

*Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month
Sets we are using for the January session:
    • Flowering Fields
    • Botanical Blooms
    • Apple of My Eye
    • First Sight
    • Beautiful RIde
Here's a little teaser of the projects we are doing this month!

January 2016 collage

 Create with Connie and Mary
JANUARY 2016 Mini Session
$8.95 US

*********************************************************
VALENTINE BONUS PROJECT:  Purchase BOTH the January and February Mini Sessions together and get this BONUS VALENTINE project immediately using the Balloon Builder Punch and Bloomin' Love Stamp Set, perfect gift for your hostesses or friends!  You and your customers will LOVE making it!

Valentine Bonus Project snippet

 JANUARY & FEBRUARY 2016 MINI SESSIONS,
 plus BONUS VALENTINE project
$17.90 US



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, I think I need to hire you to clean up my stamp room!! Wish I could say I'm not a hoarder, but... Anyway, love your homemade DSP!! Thanks for all your ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly