January 19, 2016

Control Freaks January Blog Hop!

How lucky are you today? Two posts from me! Tonight's post is all about Love Is In The Air which is our theme for this month for the Control Freaks Blog Hop....so that means Valentine's which is just around the corner. Take a peek at some wonderful projects from all of my teammates!



You may have just arrived here from visiting with my talented teammate LeeAnn Greff. If you are starting with me, I of course will direct you to the next stop once you view my projects. I have two coordinating projects for you today...a card and a chocolate bar treat holder:



Our Occasions Catalog is so awesome. The stamp set I used today is the First Sight set and I also used quite a few new items on both of these projects from the Love Blossoms suite of products. Don't you love those cute little Bow Paper Clips & the It's My Party Enamel Dots? So perfect for adding that extra little touch of love:


Here's a close-up of some of those items.....see all the cuteness below?


Card Recipe:
  • Card Base: Blushing Bride Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score and fold at 5-1/2".
  • Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4".
  • Layer #3: Love Blossoms Designer Paper 5" x 3-3/4".
  • Designer Paper Banners: Love Blossoms Designer Paper and create (1) measuring 4-3/4" x 1-1/4" and (1) measuring 4" x 1". Trim both ends into a "V". Glue both of these banners flat on the card front.
  • Stamped Banner: Whisper White Cardstock 1-1/2" x 3". "V" the bottom and stamp the swirls using the First Sight stamp set. Ink using Crumb Cake Ink and stamp on a scrap piece of paper and then without re-inking, stamp on the banner. Stamp the sentiment using Rose Red Ink. Glue in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Bling: Add a Bow Paper Clip at the top of the white banner and a few Enamel Dots in the background.
The treat holder holds a regular size Hershey's Chocolate Bar. The chocolate just slides right in and is easily removed with the half-circle cut at the top:


I used the same products but added few different stamped layers:


Treat Holder Recipe:
  • Pocket: Blushing Bride Cardstock 6" x 6-5/8". Score and fold at 1/2" & 3-1/4" on the 6" side. Add Tear & Tape Adhesive to the small tab and the bottom of one portion and fold to form the pocket. Using a Paper Crimper, crimp about 1" on the bottom. Add a half-circle at the top using the 1-1/2" Circle Punch.
  • Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 2-1/2" x 4-1/4". Glue to the front of the pocket.
  • Layer #3: Love Blossoms Designer Paper 2-1/4" x 4". Glue to white layer.
  • Designer Paper Banners: Love Blossoms Designer Paper and create (1) measuring 3-1/2" x 1-1/4" and (1) measuring 3" x 1". Trim both ends into a "V". Glue both of these banners flat on the pocket front.
  • Heart: Stamp the heart image on Whisper White Cardstock and cut out with the Sweetheart Punch. Add a Bow Paper Clip to the heart and glue overlapping the banners using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Rose Red Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and hand-cut into a tiny banner. Glue to the pocket using Stampin' Dimensionals.

By clicking on the "Next Stop" button above, you will be directed to my wonderful teammate Melissa Davies. I just know you are going to love her projects!

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


4 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful coordinated set! The curled ends of the banners really make it all pop. (You know, I really didn't think I needed those enamel dots, but you've changed my mind.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant projects! I love the candy bar wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! I love the candy bar box. Such a beautiful way to dress up a simple gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've yet to touch my First Sight stamp set. Thanks for the inspiration to help me get started.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!