January 21, 2016

Cindy's Workshop!

Stampin' Up! Workshops.....what are they? Have you ever attended one? If not, you are missing out on so much fun. I usually host as many workshops as I can right in my home. We have a heated garage so I have lots of room to spread things out. My workshops always consist of 3 projects, 2 that I demonstrate while the attendees watch. I show new tools, products and sometimes techniques. For the 3rd project, all of the attendees get to participate and make their own to take home with them. We then go through the catalogs, place orders and snack on some treats that the hostess brings.

Hostess? Why a hostess? Each workshop has a hostess that booked the workshop to begin with. She is responsible for inviting people to her workshop and she is responsible for the treats. And the most important reason for having a hostess is.....she earns free product depending on the sales of the combined attendees plus herself. The more orders and sales the hostess gathers, the more she climbs up on the hostess rewards chart and the more products she earns for FREE!

So let's take a peek at what went on at Cindy's workshop last week. I started out by demonstrating the attendees, this card:
 

Now most of the cards at a workshop are not too involved to keep things flowing. This one has a little bit of watercoloring, sponging and spritzing. The Honeycomb Happiness stamp set is one of the Sale-A-Bration stamp sets that you can earn for FREE with a $50  order. You can purchase the Honeycomb Embellishments from the Occasions Catalog to coordinate with the stamped images.

The Honeycomb Embellishment that I used on this card was white and I spritzed it with So Saffron inked mixed with rubbing alcohol:


I also used a 1-1/4" Circle Punch to cut out a circle from scrap paper and used the circle as a stencil over my sentiment. I sponged around the circle. The stamp set you see on my background layer is another FREE stamp set you can earn by placing a $50 order called Flowering Fields and so is the designer paper called Perfectly Artistic:


Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Honeycomb Happiness, Flowering Fields, Hello
  • Inks: Basic Black, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker
  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Watercolor Paper
  • Designer Paper: Perfectly Artistic
  • Accessories: Rhinestone Jewels, Honeycomb Embellishments
  • Tools: Lots Of Labels Framelits Dies, Blender Pen, Sponge Dauber, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Spritzer
  • Misc: Rubbing Alcohol
For card #2 I used more new products. See if you can spot them:


Looks unfamiliar to you? I went the easy way out once I had all of my layers glued together. You'll see the Love Blossoms Designer Paper Stack and Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper for my layers:


I followed that by adding elements from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit. Look at all of those lovely pieces I added to the glimmer paper layer. This kit includes all of the following:

* Pearl trim
* Satin ribbon
* Paper clips with bows
* Sequins
* Wood veneer
* Enamel glitter dots
* Foil heart doilies


Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Bloomin' Love
  • Inks: Crumb Cake
  • Cardstock:  Rose Red
  • Kit: Love Blossoms
  • Designer Paper: Love Blossoms Paper Stack
For the final card, this is the one all of my attendees created to take home with them. I had a bunch of 2016 calendars that I purchased at Vippies and decided to use those for the Make 'n Take:


I had the girls create a faux chalkboard layer at the top. For the card base, we used the Decorative Label Punch to punch out a half-punch to create the legs. Notice the pretty flowers? Those were made using the two coordinating products from the Occasions Catalog. The Grateful Bunch stamp set and the Blossom Bunch Punch work so well together and can be purchased at a bundle to save 15% off:


All 3 flower sizes are stamped in one swoop and cut in one step with the punch. So quick and easy to create multi-layered flowers!

Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Enjoy The Little Things, Grateful Bunch
  • Inks: Craft White, Basic Black
  • Cardstock: Tip Top Taupe, Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black
  • DSP: It's My Party
  • Accessories: Mini Silver Brads
  • Tools: Decorative Label Punch, Corner Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Blossom Bunch Punch
  • Misc: Self-Stick Calendars
So what are you waiting for? Book a workshop today! Don't live local to me? Book a Workshop-On-The-Go: DEBBIE'S WORKSHOPS-ON-THE-GO

 
 Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly