The saw this project on one of Connie Stewart's videos (thanks Connie)! I had so much fun creating these. They really are easy to mass-produce. I added two packets of hot chocolate and 4 large marshmallows in each.....hot chocolate for two!
Did you notice the two wooden spoons I inserted into each Top Hat? Are those the neatest thing? I found them on Amazon and stamped a sentiment directly on each handle. The price was right too at under $6.00 for 100. I'm sure I'll use them in other projects in the future. So how would you like to make one of these Top Hats? I have the steps here for you....
Here is what you will need for each Top Hat:
- Basic Gray Cardstock measuring 10-1/2" x 3-1/2. Score at 3/8".
- (1) large circle using the Circles Collection Framelits Dies, circle #2 with Basic Gray Cardstock
- (2) small circles using the Circles Collection Framelits Dies, circle #5 with Basic Gray Cardstock
- (1) strip of black measuring 1" x 10-1/2". I used a sheet from the Color Me Irresistible Designer Paper
- (1) poinsettia made by cutting (4) double-petals from the Festive Flower Builder Punch and Red Foil Sheets. Glue them together by layering them as shown in the photo above. Cut (2) of the center flower portion using Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and glue to the center of the flower.
Using the spiral border punch, punch along the scored edge like you see in the photo above and then fold on the score line as shown below:
Glue the black strip even with the score line using Fuse Fast Adhesive. I like to use this adhesive for all of my 3D items as they will NOT come apart.
Add Fuse Fast Adhesive to the edges of one of the small circles and start gluing the border-trimmed edge around the circle. Press in place as you go:
Add adhesive to the underside of the end of the border-trimmed cardstock that is furthest away before you press the remainder of the strip in place. Keep pressing the punched edge along the circle until you have finished. Some of the cardstock will overlap at the end and that is okay. Press the sides together where they overlap where you added adhesive and glue in place. This is what your Top Hat should look like now:
Add Fuse Fast Adhesive to the 2nd small circle. Flip the hat upside-down and press the circle in place:
Add adhesive to the circle you just glued above. Try to fill the circle as much as you can:
Turn the hat over and press in place over the large Basic Gray Cardstock circle:
Add Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of the poinsettia and press in place on the band:
You will now need a Pear Pizzazz Cardstock tag stamped with the sentiment from the Merry Everything stamp set using Pear Pizzazz Ink and cut out using the Note Tag Punch. Use a hand-held punch to add a small hole at the top:
You will also need a piece of Basic Black Baker's Twine and red ribbon (mine is retired) and a Gusseted Cello Bag.
Using Real Red Ink, stamp the sentiment on the wooden spoons. I used the sentiment from the Festive Fireplace stamp set:
Fill the cello bag with 2 packets of hot chocolate and 4 large marshmallows. Tie the top of the bag with red ribbon and trim the excess cello at the top. Tie the tag around the bag using the baker's twine:
Real Red Ribbon is retired