December 27, 2015

Sunday Sneak Peek!

Happy Sunday to you! Today is definitely going to be a lazy day for me. With all the hustle and bustle of Christmas, I need some down time. Dave and I are hosting a family get-together next weekend for his side of the family so we'll be getting ready for round two! My son and his girlfriend are leaving this morning to travel back home. Although we had very little snow for Christmas (which is very unusual), it did snow here last night and we are supposed to get about 8 inches of the white stuff today. I always worry when my kids have to travel in snow so I am anxiously awaiting to hear of their arrival back home today as it is a 4.5 hour drive for them.


So for today, I have another Sneak Peek from the Occasions Catalog. Did you know there are only 9 more days for this catalog to debut? How exciting! I hope those of you that are customers of mine have received your hard copy in the mail. If not, please let me know if it has not arrived yet.


Today's card is a card I CASE'd (Copy and Shared Everything) from the catalog which is shown on page 38. I used the Going Places Designer Paper and the Going Global stamp set to create a masculine card. I did substitute Burlap Ribbon and used a different paper pattern on my card, I love how the ribbon lifts the stamped image and banner in the center of my card:


The burlap ribbon is folded twice in opposite directions. I used Tear & Tape to keep it intact and glued to my card front. Here are the steps to creating this card:

  • Card Base: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score in the center at 4-1/4" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Going Places Designer Paper 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". Glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Fold Burlap Ribbon using two folds in opposite directions by overlapping the folds. Glue to card front in the center, horizontally using Tear & Tape.
  • Stamp the globe image using Mossy Meadow Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and cut out using the 2" Circle Punch. Glue in place centered over the ribbon using Tear & Tape.
  • Stamp the sentiment on a strip of Whisper White Cardstock piece measuring 3-1/4" x 5/8" using Mossy Meadow Ink. Glue centered over the globe using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!