December 26, 2015

Create with Connie & Mary Saturday Blog Hop!

Happy Day after Christmas! Dave and I traveled Christmas Day and had a great family gathering at Mom & Dad's with all of my siblings and their families. I love seeing my family but also very glad to be home after the festivities!

If you are home today, I hope you had a great day yesterday and that you get to spend a Saturday morning in your PJ's and following our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Today my teammates and I are all using products from the Sale-A-Bration Catalog which will debut on January 5th!


The first stamp set on my list from the Sale-a-Bration Catalog was the "Sky Is The Limit". I fell in love with this masculine-themed stamp set and I know you will too!


Isn't the sentiment really neat? It coordinates with the masculine theme and it could also be used on a Valentine's card:


I stamped the airplane image repeatedly on the designer paper and then stamped an additional airplane on Very Vanilla Cardstock, hand-cut and glued in place with Stampin' Dimensionals. I was trying to capture motion with the stamped image being repeated:


Here are the card layers:

  • Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score in the center at 4-1/4" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Soft Sky Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to the card base.
  • Layer #3: Designer Paper 5" x 3-3/4". Stamp the airplane image repeatedly using Basic Black Ink by overlapping 1/2" and stamping upwards to show motion. Glue to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Airplane: Stamp an additional airplane using Basic Black Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock and hand-cut. Color the lined areas using a Soft Sky Stampin' Write Marker. Glue to card front at the end of the airplanes that were stamped to continue the motion.
  • Banner: Soft Sky Cardstock measuring 1" x 2-1/4". Stamp the sentiment using Basic Black Ink and either hand-cut the ends into a banner, or use your Banner Builder Punch. If you opt to use the punch, you will have to adjust the size to make up for what you lose on each end. 
  • Baker's Twine: Using a piece of White Bakers Twine, color it black using a black Permanent marker. Fold it in half and add a Glue Dot where you folded. Tuck under the airplane and press in place. Add glue dots to each end to glue underneath the banner. Adjust the length of your twine if needed. Glue the banner in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Bling: Add the star-shaped sequins from the Metallics Sequins Assortment to the background and one on the banner!
Now it's time to visit my super-talented teammates by clicking on the links below. If you want to go backwards you can visit Nicole at Be Creative with Nicole and if you want to move forward, visit Deb at ARTfelt Impressions:





Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!