November 21, 2015

CCMC Saturday Blog Hop!

I absolutely LOVE my card for today. It came together so well....just like I pictured in my head! I love it when that happens, don't you? Our theme today for our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary is a Christmas card with gold & white.


You may have arrived here from my wonderful teammate Mary Brown's blog as Nicole had to take the week off. I will direct you to the next stop at the bottom of my post.

Look at the shiny & elegant gold I used all over my card. Can you spot the Stampin' Up! products I used?


I used Gold Embossing Powder on my sentiment after stamping it with VersaMark Ink and did the same with my ornament. I used Gold Foil Sheets for my background layer that I embossed using the Boughs & Berries Embossing Folder. All of our foil sheets emboss so nicely.


The addition of the White Glitter Ribbon also adds a nice touch. I use a double-bow and glued it on with Glue Dots. If you would like to create a card just like mine, here are the steps:


  • Card Base: Whisper White Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at   5-1/2" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Gold Foil 5" x 3-3/4". Emboss with the Boughs & Berries Embossing Folder by placing the cardstock so the frame is mostly on the left-hand side. Glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Stamp the ornament from the Embellished Ornaments stamp set using VersaMark Ink on Whisper White Cardstock and sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder and set with the Heat Tool. Cut out the ornament with the Delicate Ornament Framelit Dies. Glue in place on the Gold Foil layer with Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment from the Joyful Season stamp set in the same manner as the ornament. Cut out using the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits Dies. Glue to the ornament as shown in the photo.
  • Bow: Create a double-bow using the White Glitter Ribbon and glue to the top of the ornament using Glue Dots.
Stampin' Up! products used:
  • Stamps: Embellished Ornaments, Joyful Season
  • Inks: VersaMark
  • Cardstock: Whisper White, Gold Foil
  • Accessories: Gold & White Glitter Ribbon
  • Tools: Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits Dies, Delicate Ornaments Framelits Dies, Boughs & Berries Embossing Folder
Your next stop for our hop today is my talented teammate Deb Currier. Make sure you take the whole hop to visit all of my teammates!



Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!



debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. a fabulous classy card which just screams luxury!
    creative regards
    Regina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!