November 14, 2015

CCMC Saturday Blog Hop!

Hi Everyone! I am in Baltimore Maryland at a Stampin' Up! Event called OnStage while you are reading this! I'll report back later. In the meantime I have a new card for our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Before I show you my card, did you subscribe to our November Mini Session yet? There's still a lot of time to subscribe and get some creating ideas for Christmas. Look at the Sneak Peek of our wonderful projects:


I can't tell you which one is mine but promise that you'll love each of the projects designed by our team! Visit Create with Connie & Mary to sign up today!

So this week we are creating a Christmas card using the traditional red &green for colors. For me, I am a non-traditional color person so this card was a little different for me. Here's what I came up with for you this week:


I guess you could still consider it non-traditional as I used snowflakes to create my Christmas tree. How neat is that!


For my red ornaments, I used a red Permanent marker to color my Rhinestone Jewels. Color and allow to dry and then peel and stick in place:


I used a Silver Glimmer star and topped it off with a clear Epoxy Sticker:


Here are my card layers:

  • Card Base: Cucumber Crush Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Cherry Cobbler Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4". Emboss using the Brick Wall Embossing Folder. Glue to card base.
  • Layer #3: Snowflakes-Stamp the snowflake cluster from the Flurry Of Wishes stamp set using Cucumber Crush Ink on Whisper White Cardstock 7 times and cut out using the coordinating Snow Flurry Punch. Start by gluing 6 large snowflakes..1 on top, 2 in the center, 3 on the bottom row. Add the smaller snowflakes on top using Stampin' Dimensionals. You will have 1 large snowflake left over. Use it on the inside of your card.
  • Bling: Color 11 Rhinestone Jewels with the red Permanent Marker and glue them to the center of each snowflake.
  • Banner: Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 1/2" x 5". Stamp the sentiment using Cherry Cobbler Ink in the center. Score the first score lines about 1/2" from the sentiment on both sides. Score the 2nd score lines about 1/4" from the first score line but at a slant. Fold on score lines to shape the banner as shown in the photo. Snip the ends into a "V". Glue in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Cut one star using the Itty Bitty Accents Punch pack and the Silver Glimmer Paper. Glue the star to the top of the tree and press an Itty Bitty Epoxy Accents Sticker over the glimmer star!
Next in line is my teammate Deb Currier who I know will have something gorgeous to show you!


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh - I love your snowflake Christmas tree! How brilliant, Debbie :) Thanks for sharing your 'how to', as well. I just love these Saturday hops, to enjoy with my coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah, I am so glad to hear that you love the blog hops. We've received so much positive feedback! Glad you love my card too!

      Delete
  2. This is just the cutest way to create a tree! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly