I can't tell you which one is mine but promise that you'll love each of the projects designed by our team! Visit Create with Connie & Mary to sign up today!
So this week we are creating a Christmas card using the traditional red &green for colors. For me, I am a non-traditional color person so this card was a little different for me. Here's what I came up with for you this week:
I guess you could still consider it non-traditional as I used snowflakes to create my Christmas tree. How neat is that!
For my red ornaments, I used a red Permanent marker to color my Rhinestone Jewels. Color and allow to dry and then peel and stick in place:
I used a Silver Glimmer star and topped it off with a clear Epoxy Sticker:
Here are my card layers:
- Card Base: Cucumber Crush Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
- Layer #2: Cherry Cobbler Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4". Emboss using the Brick Wall Embossing Folder. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Snowflakes-Stamp the snowflake cluster from the Flurry Of Wishes stamp set using Cucumber Crush Ink on Whisper White Cardstock 7 times and cut out using the coordinating Snow Flurry Punch. Start by gluing 6 large snowflakes..1 on top, 2 in the center, 3 on the bottom row. Add the smaller snowflakes on top using Stampin' Dimensionals. You will have 1 large snowflake left over. Use it on the inside of your card.
- Bling: Color 11 Rhinestone Jewels with the red Permanent Marker and glue them to the center of each snowflake.
- Banner: Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock measuring 1/2" x 5". Stamp the sentiment using Cherry Cobbler Ink in the center. Score the first score lines about 1/2" from the sentiment on both sides. Score the 2nd score lines about 1/4" from the first score line but at a slant. Fold on score lines to shape the banner as shown in the photo. Snip the ends into a "V". Glue in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut one star using the Itty Bitty Accents Punch pack and the Silver Glimmer Paper. Glue the star to the top of the tree and press an Itty Bitty Epoxy Accents Sticker over the glimmer star!