October 14, 2015

Vicki's Workshop!

A few days ago, I demonstrated at a workshop which was hosted by Vicki. We always have a great time at my workshops. If you've never attended or hosted a workshop, you should and if you are local to me, give me a call or email me to set one up!

So this is the first card I demonstrated to all the attendees. I showed them how easy it was to stamp the tree image repeatedly from the "Wonderland" stamp set. I inked up the tree image using Wild Wasabi Ink and stamped my tree image 3 times without re-inking. I started from the bottom first and worked my way upwards. You can see how the ink gets lighter each time:


I sponged Pool Party Ink at the very top for the sky and I also added a strip of Vellum Cardstock that was stamped with Cherry Cobbler Ink. If you duplicate this, make sure you allow additional time for the ink to dry as it takes a little longer on Vellum. I finished the card by attaching the vellum with Silver Mini Brads. This alleviates using any adhesive that may show through the vellum:


Here are the supplies I used on Card #1:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




For Project #2 I showed the girls how to alter the Square Pillow Box Thinlits Die by cutting 4 pieces and layering them:


This makes a nice, larger box to store bigger presents in. I glued a strip of Merry Moments Designer Paper in the center to cover up the seam of my pillow box. For layers I used the reverse side of the Spider Web Doily to make it look like a snowflake, followed by Gold Glimmer Paper, a tag from the Merry Everything stamp set using Cherry Cobbler Ink and the candy canes & snowflake are from the Square Pillow Box Thinlit Dies. Lastly I added the word "merry" that was cut out using the Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies with Cherry Cobbler Cardstock.

During convention this year, a demonstrator showed us a different way to close the end flap. Instead of overlapping one flap over the other, you can cross and tuck them as shown below and it's looks so much neater:


Project Supplies:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




For the final card it was quite comical, I started by telling the girls that we would be creating a card with a "WOW" and that I was not going to show them the card ahead of time. I told them to watch me, that I was going to show them the technique used and they would all say "WOW" when I showed it to them and yes....they were "WOW'd". They all loved it!


I inked AND stamped on an embossing folder. I don't know who came up with this SUPER BRILLIANT idea but it is totally awesome. So I inked the Woodland Embossing Folder with Soft Sky Ink using a Brayer and on top of that, I stamped the trees from the "Wonderland" stamp set using Garden Green Ink. YES, I STAMPED RIGHT ON THE FOLDER! Once all of the stamping on the folder was completed, I added a piece of Whisper White Cardstock inside the folder and embossed it. This is what came out of the folder:

 
It's brilliant I tell you! And here are all of the products I used on this card:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. How do you clean the embossing folder after inking it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, I just take the folder and place it under running water and it comes right off. Wipe with paper towel. Do not use black ink though as it does stain!

      Delete
  2. WOW!! is right!! Thanks for sharing that brilliant idea with the embossing folder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gerry, I'm having fun with this one! I will be posting a video soon!

      Delete
  3. Looks really great! Tried it myself but my trees are all splotchy - can't seem to stop the ink from beading up on the plastic of the folder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bec, did you use a Brayer or Sponge? I notice that when I swipe the ink pad, the ink does not work as well. If you used a Brayer or Sponge and it did not work well, I would try this:

      Ink first with VersaMark Ink and without cleaning the folder, apply the colored ink on top of the VersaMark Ink. The VersaMark acts as a "glue" to the colored ink. Stamp the trees or whatever image you are using and run through the Big Shot Machine.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!