October 19, 2015

Control Freaks October Blog Hop!

You are in for a treat tonight as the Control Freaks celebrate October with a "Something To Be Thankful For" blog hop! Make sure you visit each and every one of us by clicking on the links at the bottom of each post!



You may have just arrived here from Melissa Davies blog, weren't her projects perfect for our theme? I have 3 projects for you tonight...2 cards and 1 3D item. My first card uses the Woodland Embossing Folder and I inked it with 3 ink colors before I embossed my cardstock layer:


I used a Brayer and started with Soft Sky Ink at the bottom, followed by Daffodil Delight Ink and Tangerine Tango Ink to finish up. Once I embossed my cardstock, I very lightly sponged Basic Gray Ink over the trees so they looked like birch.

How cute are those little tiny leaves? They are all cut from one of the dies that is included in the Square Pillowbox Thinlits Dies. I used the same 3 colors of cardstock to match the inks and glued the leaves here and there. I finished the card by adding the sentiment from the Among The Branches stamp set and cut it off at the bottom in the shape of a half-circle:


For Card #2 you'll have to peek below at photo #2 to see that I used a Window Sheet as the background layer for my leaves. All of the leaves were stamped using Rich Razzleberry Ink on Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi and Wisteria Wonder Cardstocks using the Vintage Leaves stamp set cut with the Leaflets Framelits Dies:


I created my cluster of leaves first and glued them to the Window Sheet. I then added the sentiment from the For All Things stamp set cut with the Wide Oval Punch. To finish off my cluster of leaves, I added White Perfect Accents and Gold Cording Trim.

As you can see in the photo below, the inside of the card has a layer of the Into The Woods Designer Paper that peeks though the Window Sheet:


For my final project, I finally received the Cutie Pie Thinlits Dies a few weeks ago and haven't had time to play with it yet. So how perfect to use it for the Blog Hop:


I did not order the coordinating stamp set this time around so added my own stamped images from the Lighthearted Leaves stamp set. I added so many layers. A scalloped circle for the base from the Circles Collection Framelits Dies topped by circle #3 from the dies also. I then sponged a Spider Web Doily on the white side using a Stamping Sponge and Pool Party Ink:

Once my box was assembled, I glue it the the circles and added leaves cut from the Leaflets Framelits Dies and wooden leaves from the Into The Woods Elements. This box was so much fun to assemble and decorate!

Now I am sending you on to LeeAnn Greff's blog. I know you will be delighted with all of her projects!

http://flowerbug.typepad.com/my_weblog/2015/10/october-control-freaks-blog-hop.html
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!

9 comments:

  1. Hi! Seems the link to the next blog in the Hop is broken? I couldn't get it to take me to the next one.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun and creative Cutie Pie box! We were on the same wavelength! Love the window card and the autumn skies card, too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie - Love all 3 projects!!!!!! All 3 are cute, clever, and beautiful. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Your projects are INCREDIBLE!! I LOVE them all and was truly inspired!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hands down, best Wonderland card E V E R !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow- that cake is divine! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly