October 31, 2015

CCMC Saturday Blog Hop!

Hi Stampers! Happy Saturday and welcome to a new Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary. Just wanted to let you know that we are all working on the November 2015 Mini Session and will have a Sneak peek sometime this week so you can subscribe!



If you know me well, you know I like to use non-traditional colors on my Christmas cards and that's what the theme is today, create a non-traditional colored card. What do you think of this one?


The Flurry of Wishes stamp set made it so easy to add my color combination. It also helps to have a coordinating punch to cut out two of the snowflake sizes:


Here is the card recipe for you to use:

  • Card Base: Pear Pizzazz Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold. Use the Project Life Corner Punch to punch the bottom of both layers.
  • Layer #2: Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Use the Project Life Corner Punch to punch the bottom only. Start by stamping the sentiment in the top right-hand corner using Pear Pizzazz Ink. Stamp the largest snowflake image a few times using Tangelo Twist Ink. Add snowflakes using Rich Razzleberry Ink with the next smallest snowflake. Glue to card base. 
  • Layer #3: Stamp the two smallest snowflakes a few times on scrap Whisper White Cardstock using Pear Pizzazz Ink and cut out using the Snow Flurry Punch. Glue and layer the snowflakes in place by using Stampin' Dimensionals. 
  • Bling: Add the green Home For Christmas Enamel Dots in the center of each layered snowflake!
Card Supplies:
  • Stamps: Flurry of Wishes
  • Inks: Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz, Tangelo Twist
  • Cardstock: Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
  • Accessories & Tools: Stampin' Dimensionals, Snow Flurry Punch, Project Life Corner Punch, Home For Christmas Enamel Dots
I hope you enjoyed my non-traditional colored card today and I hope you plan on taking the whole blog hop and visit all of my teammates. Next in line is my talented teammate Deb Currier:



Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. The colors totally work! Your card would definitely have been nice in traditional colors too - but I smiled when I saw it done this way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly