Our Blog Hop today features a simple Fall card. I let the designer paper do most of the work for me:
Notice my little lace curtain? I cut a piece of Sahara Sand Lace Tim and threaded a toothpick through the top. I then glued it in place over my diecut window using Glue Dots:
Love, Love, Love the Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies. I will be featuring this die set along with the Happy Scenes stamp set for my projects during out October Mini Session at Create with Connie & Mary. My projects are all ready to show you and you can start signing up tomorrow for the Mini Session so make sure you visit Create with Connie & Mary!
My leaves are stamped from the Lighthearted Leaves stamp set on Tangerine Tango Cardstock with Tangerine Tango Ink. I cut them with the coordinating Leaflets Framelits Dies. I love coordinating products!
Here are the steps to creating this card if you would like to duplicate it:
- Card Base: Basic Black Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold. Use the Project Life Corner Punch on the bottom right-hand corner.
- Layer #2: Happy Haunting Designer Paper 5-1/4" x 4". Use the Project Life Corner Punch on the bottom right-hand corner. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Using Basic Black Cardstock, cut one window using the Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies. Set aside.
- Layer #4: Very Vanilla Cardstock 3" x 2-1/4". Stamp the image using the Happy Scenes stamp set and Memento Black Ink. Using a Blender Pen, color using Soft Suede Ink, Tangerine Tango Ink and then sponge Pool Party Ink using a Sponge Dauber. Glue to the backside of the window. Glue to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Ribbon: Cut a piece of Sahara Sand Lace Ribbon about 3-3/4" long. Thread a toothpick through the flat edge. Glue in place on your window using Glue Dots.
- Leaves: Stamp 2 leaves from the Lighthearted Leaves stamp set on Tangerine Tango Cardstock with Tangerine Tango Ink. Cut out using the Leaflets Framelits Dies. Glue the first one in place using Stampin' Dimensionals. Glue the 2nd leaf on top of the first leaf.
- Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment from the For All Things stamp set on Very Vanilla Cardstock using Memento Black Ink. Cut out using the Word Window Punch. Glue to card front.
Card Supplies Used:
- Stamps: For All Things, Happy Scenes
- Inks: Memento Black, Pool Party, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango
- Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango
- DSP: Happy Haunting
- Accessories: Sahara Sand Lace Trim
- Tools: Project Life Corner Punch, Leaflets Framelits Dies, Word Window Punch, Hearth & Home Thinlits Dies, Glue Dots