September 22, 2015

Two For Tuesday Take Thirteen!

Hi Stampers! Have you been having fun yet with the new products in our Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog? Isn't there a vast array of products for all of the upcoming holidays? Today I am showing you two Christmas cards. A clean & simple card first and then a second one turned into a wow card.

Take a peek at both cards below:


I started both cards with a card base of Very Vanilla and added from there. Some of the layers and elements are the same but used differently. Here's card #1:

The Clean & Simple (CAS):



 Card Steps:
  • Card Base: Very Vanilla Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
  • Layer #2: Spider Web Doily. Cut off about 2" and glue the smaller portion to the card, 2-1/2" from the bottom. 
  • Layer #3: Very Vanilla Subtle Stripes Ribbon. Glue a piece of ribbon below the doily overlapping a bit.
  • Layer #4: Stamp the sled image using Mossy Meadow Ink on Very Vanilla Ink. Color using the stamped ink and a Blender Pen. Hand-cut the sled and glue to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • Layer #5: Cut a strip of designer paper from the Merry Moments Designer Paper Stack measuring 1/2" x 3". Stamp the sentiment using Mossy Meadow Ink. Trim both ends into a "V". Glue to the sled and add a Stampin' Dimensional on the right-hand side of the banner.
 Card #2:

The WOW card:


For card #2, I added a few more products and a few more stamped images. Some of you may not like how busy the card is and prefer the clean & simple. And that's okay. In all of my years of stamping I've learned that there is no right or wrong way to create a project. Everyone has their own style.

Here's a close-up of the cluster of stamped images:

 
I snuck a little wooden Snowflake Element in there just because they are so adorable! The Spider Web Doily is the other piece that was left over from card #1 so I made two cards with one doily!
Here are all of the Stampin' Up! supplies I used for both cards:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!