September 21, 2015

Merry Monday #172!

Today was supposed to be Katie's turn as hostess for our challenge at Merry Monday but Katie has been quite busy with a new baby in the family and has stepped down. We decided to honor Katie with what she had chosen for our theme this week and a Thank You to her for being part of our Merry Monday family. Katie's theme is "Using Watercoloring" on your Christmas card.

 This challenge is for you Katie!


 
The artist in me loves to watercolor. I watercolored a splotch of Real Red Ink on Watercolor Paper first by using my Aqua Painter and then spritzing more water to make it run a little. I then added the cardinal image by stamping with Memento Black Ink on top of the watercoloring:

The branch was stamped twice, once with the Memento Back and a second time as a shadow using Soft Suede Ink:

 
I hope you'll visit everyone today at Merry Monday while we all thank Katie for being a part of our team. Good luck with the new baby Katie!
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. Great water coloring, Debbie! Such a great card. Love your colors together. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Debbie: I love your water colored Cardinal, such beautiful shade of red. The double stamping of the branch gives this card lots of dimension. Beautiful layout with the Brick embossing folder as your background.
    Thank you for having me as your guest stamper for this week's challenge, it's a thrill and an honor.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever use of watercolors, Debbie! The image is beautiful and I love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very artsy with your watercoloring. Fabulous card. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, Debbie! Just love the watercoloring of your cardinal and the terrific design! Hope your having a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Debbie - this is so pretty! I love how you did the watercoloring first and then stamped the bird....AWESOME! I am going to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty way to color this cardinal, Debbie! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love coming to visit and seeing all of your fantastic creations! Love your bird watercolouring too!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!

Printfriendly