September 6, 2015

Easy Peasy Designer Paper Cards!

Have you seen this cute stack of Pretty Petals designer paper at Stampin' Up!? I love this pack of paper because the size is 6" x 6" and there's 48 sheets! Woohoo!



There are a total of 12 different designs and patterns. So what can you do with all 12? Make these cute, simple, quick & easy cards. I used six of the patterns just to give you an idea on how to use the stack of paper:



I cut each sheet into two pieces. First I cut a piece measuring 3-3/4" x 3-3/4". I then used this same piece and trimmed off 3/4" on one end. Now to assemble each card: 
 
*Card Base: Very Vanilla Cardstock 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at   5-1/2" and fold.
* Designer Paper: Glue the largest piece of designer paper 1/4" from     the top.
* Designer Paper: Flip the 2nd piece of designer paper on the opposite side and glue below the 1st designer paper piece. You now have 2 patterns in place from the same sheet of designer paper.
* Swirl Image: Stamp the swirl image from the Hello Life stamp set       using Memento Black Ink below the designer paper.
* Sentiment: Stamp the sentiment using Memento Black Ink below the  swirl from the Another Thank You stamp set.






 
What a great set of cards to create aren't they? Easy to mass-produce and what a nice gift to present to someone. You could even make a nice box to store them in!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

**********************
BRAND NEW! SEPTEMBER 2015 MINI SESSION

* Includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects...THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items...perfect for your club or stamp camp!

* All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)

* Plus BONUS cards done by Connie and Mary throughout the month!

*Mini session is available for purchase now and session will be available beginning on September 13th
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the idea of these cards having many beautiful 6x6 pieces of paper leftover. The paper is beautiful but I was at a loss as what to do with them. Question?? I will freely admit to being math challenged...but is it really 6x6 cut in half then into 3 3/4? I am assuming you meant 2 3/4. Please help my math addled brain. Enjoy you blog immensely. Thanks for the help!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosemarie, I did not cut the DSP exactly in half. I cut it 3-3/4" 3-3/4" and using that same piece that I cut, trim off 3/4" on any end to flip and use the opposite side for the strip. The remainder of the DSP can be used for another card.

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!