July 10, 2015

Cyndee's Workshop!


Cyndee and friends had a workshop a few weeks ago. She had requested a "fern" theme. In the past I've done a butterfly theme and a bee theme. This one sure made me think. I decided to do something a little different than my usual workshops. I used the same stamp set for all three cards called Awesomely Artistic:

Let's start with Card #1:


I started out by using a Post-It Note to cover the top portion of the card layer and sponging Old Olive Ink. I then added the ferns in Old Olive & Garden Green Ink. The sentiment is from the Fabulous Four stamp set and I used Garden Green Ink. To finish off the card, I added Melon Mambo Ink detail with the dots image:


The Whisper White Cardstock layers measure:
  • Card Base: 11" x 4-1/4". Score in the center at 5-1/2" and fold.
  • Layer #2: 5" x 3-3/4". Once stamped, glue in place using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Card #2:


The Writing Notes background stamp makes a really nice image when stamped slightly tilted. I added stamped images using Tip Top Taupe, Garden Green and Calypso Coral Inks. The dragonfly is stamped in Pool Party Ink, hand-cut and I then added glue from my 2-Way Glue pen and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. It's so pretty in real life....honest!


Card #2 Supplies:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

For the final card, all the attendees each made one to take home with them:


They all fell in love with the Brick Wall Embossing Folder. I had them do a little bit of sponging over the embossing to give the bricks an authentic look:


Card #3 Supplies:
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

 
Thanks Cyndee for booking the workshop and thanks to everyone that attended or placed orders! I appreciate all of you!
 
Thanks for stopping by to visit me today!
 
 

debbiesdesigns2009@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Three great cards...you made a hard theme look easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn, it really did take some thinking!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous cards...am very sure that Cyndee and friends loved making them! Thanks for the idea of sponging on the Brick EF....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all love the 3 cards and especially getting to create the brick card to take home. Thanks Carol!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting me today. I appreciate your comments!