If you arrived here from Nicole Tugrul's blog, didn't you like her awesome project? So...the first thing I picked for my card was the "Cheers" thinlit from the Hello Thinlits. Once I decided that's what I wanted to use, I had to find a stamp set that would go with the "Cheers" thinlit. I pondered on this for a bit and then had this bright idea:
I wanted to keep the theme of my card to the word "cheers" so I used punch art. The Sprinkles of Life stamp set is intended as an ice cream or muffin type images but I turned mine into beer mugs:
The beer mugs are clinking towards each other with the word "cheers". Do you like how I added handles to my mugs? And the foam spewing from the top? Here's how:
- Card Base: Basic Gray Cardstock measuring 5-1/2" x 8-1/2". Score in the center at 4-1/4" and fold.
- Layer #2: Hello Honey Cardstock measuring 5-1/4" x 4". Stamp the Dotty Angle's image at the very top using Craft White Ink. Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Cut one Basic Gray Cardstock piece using the Ovals Framelits Dies and glue to card front, centered.
- Layer #4: Cut one Pool Party Cardstock piece using the next smallest Ovals Framelits Dies and emboss with the Brick Wall Embossing Folder. Glue to card front layered over the Basic Gray oval.
- Beer Mugs: Stamp the cone image using Basic Gray Ink on Vellum twice. Hand-cut. Add scrap pieces of Hello Honey to the back of the Vellum to peek through as the beer and trim. To make the handles, cut 2 holes in the Vellum Cardstock using the 1/2" Circle Punch. Center the holes using the 3/4" Circle Punch and cut both. Sponge around the outside edge with Basic Gray Ink. Repeat using Basic Gray Cardstock. Layer one vellum circle over one gray circle and glue to the back of each mug to from your handles. Stamp two ice cream images using Hello Honey Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Cut using the Tree Builder Punch and glue to the top of the mug. Add circles for additional foam on each mug by cutting circles with the 1/4" Handheld Circle Punch and the 1/2" Circle Punch. Sponge all of the circles with Hello Honey Ink and glue some on each mug. Glue both mugs to the center of the Pool Party Oval. Glue additional circles of foam on the outside of the mugs.
- Sentiments: Cut the "cheers" thinlit die shape with Whisper White Cardstock and glue to the bottom of the card below the oval. Cut the number "3" from the File Tabs Edgelits Dies using Basic Gray Cardstock and sponge the edges using Basic Gray Ink. Glue to the left of the "cheers". Using the sentiment from the You've Got This stamp set, ink using the Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker paying attention to inking only the "for you" portion of the stamp and stamp on the card front to the right of the "cheers".