Happy 4th of July and Happy Anniversary to my Mom & Dad! My son Greg is visiting this weekend too so it's going to be a busy holiday weekend. I hope you find time to view our Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary as we have another round of card folds today to show you.
Today the design team is focusing on the "Tunnel Card". If you've arrived here from Nicole Tugrul's blog, wasn't her card the sweetest? Once you continue on to the bottom of my post, I'll direct you to the next stop in our hop. Here is my card for today:
The front looks like a regular card but......when you open it up, this is what the inside looks like in the photo below, thus the meaning of the word "tunnel" in the card fold. Isn't it neat how the inside of the card folds out with the folded hole and you can peek at the inside to see the sentiment:
And a view from the top to give you a better idea of what the tunnel portion refers to:
So how did I do that...........here's how:
Front of Card:
- Card Base: Rich Razzleberry Cardstock 8-1/2" x 5-1/2". Score in the center at 4-1/4" and fold.
- Layer #2: Delightful Dijon Cardstock 5-1/4" x 4". Glue to card base.
- Layer #3: Whisper White Cardstock 5" x 3-3/4". Cut a scallop with the Scallop Oval Punch and use as a stencil for the clouds. Sponge Soft Sky Ink around the outside of the scallop and keep moving it around to create clouds over the whole cardstock piece.
- Balloons: Stamp the basket for the balloons using the Celebrate Today stamp set and Rich Razzleberry Ink. Cut the large balloon using the Balloon Framelits Dies and the Bohemian DSP. Glue in place using Stampin' Dimensionals. Balloon #2 is cut with the 2" Circle Punch and the Bohemian DSP. Tuck under balloon #1 and press in place. Balloon #3 is cut with Rich Razzleberry Cardstock and the 1-3/4" Circle Punch. Tuck and glue.
- Sentiments: Stamp the sentiments from the Celebrate Today stamp set using Rich Razzleberry Ink.
- Bling: Add a few Rhinestone Jewels to the background.
- Layer #1: Cut a piece of Delightful Dijon Cardstock measuring 8" x 5". Score in the center. Stamp the sentiment from the Perfect Pennants stamp set in the center of the cardstock piece. Glue to the inside center of your card base.
- Layer #2: Cut a piece of Bohemian Designer Paper measuring 8" x 5". Score at 2", 4", and 6". Using the Deco Labels Framelits Die #3, cut a hole in the very center using the score line as your guide. Glue the designer paper to the card base on the two outside panels only. Do not add adhesive to the two center panels. Make sure when you fold the card in the closed position, that the center score line is folded outwards so when the card opens, it forms the tunnel.
- Deco Frame: Using Rich Razzleberry Cardstock, place Deco Labels Framelits Dies #2 and #3 inside each other to cut a frame. Glue to the outside of the hole in your designer paper to form a frame.
I will now direct you to my talented teammate Deb Currier and do make sure you go through the whole hop as you will love all the different variations of our cards!