Welcome to another great Saturday Blog Hop at Create with Connie & Mary! We are featuring another great card fold today called the "Shadow Box Card"!
Did you arrive here from Nicole Tugrul's blog with her amazing project? You may be starting the hop with me but either way, I'll send you to the next stop at the bottom of my post. So here's my card for today's hop:
This is the neatest card fold isn't it? I created a sweet scenery using the "Sprinkles of Life" stamp set. Take a closer look at how this card works:
By scoring and joining the two cardstock pieces together on each end, you can slide it into an envelope flat for mailing. How neat! I bet you'll want to know how to make one of these right? Keep reading!
- Cut a piece of Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip Cardstocks measuring 4-1/4" x 5-1/2". Score on the 5-1/2" side at 1/2", 1", 4-1/2" and 5" for both pieces.
- For the Chocolate Chip Cardstock piece, cut a hole in the center with the Circle Framelits Dies. I used the circle that measures 2-3/4" wide. Emboss with the Boho Chic Embossing Folder. Set aside.
- For the Soft Sky Cardstock piece, stamp a row of the flowers and stems images using Cucumber Crush and melon Mambo Inks. I stamped about 1" from the bottom and all the way across.
- Using the stamp set and the coordinating Tree Builder Punch, stamp two clouds using Soft Sky Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Cut out and glue to the Soft Sky layer. Stamp the tree using Early Espresso Ink on Chocolate Chip Cardstock and cut out with the punch. Glue to the Soft Sky layer in the center. Stamp the tree leaves using Cucumber Crush Ink on Cucumber Crush Cardstock and cut out with the punch. Glue in place on the tree with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut a ring using Cucumber Crush Cardstock and the Circles Framelits Dies. I used the 2-3/4" and the 3-1/4" circles. Glue the ring to the Chocolate Chip layer.
- Cut two pieces of Cherry On Top Designer Paper measuring 1/2" x 4-1/4". Glue to both ends of the Chocolate Chip layer.
- Stamp the sentiment on a Whisper White Cardstock layer measuring 1/2" x 4". Snip the ends into a "V" and glue to the front of the Chocolate Chip layer with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Add Tear & Tape Adhesive to the ends of the Soft Sky layer and glue the Chocolate Chip layer on top. Now you should be able to fold flat or fold into the shadow box card fold.