Fun, Fun, Fun, that's what we are all having with our month of June "Card Folds" Blog Hops at Create with Connie & Mary! If you haven't seen the past two weeks of Blog Hops, you've missed some really great creativity. You can start by going to the Create with Connie & Mary Blog and scroll down to start each hop.
You may have arrived here from my teammate Nicole Tugrul's blog. She always has the neatest projects. If you are starting with me, either way I will direct you to the next stop at the end of my post.
This week our theme is the "Center Stair Step Card Fold". I haven't made one of these in ages so I was glad that we were able to bring back this card fold for our hop this week. This is my card:
Once the cardstock is cut, scored and folded, this is what it looks like from the side-view:
All of the layers I added are stamped with the new Floral Wings, Another Thank You and You've Got This stamp sets:
I used a few of the new In-Colors. I love the butterfly in this stamp set as you first stamp the main butterfly your chosen ink color, mine happens to be Mint Macaron, and then you add stamped flowers and leaves in the blank spots. My flowers are Calypso Coral and the leaves are Blushing Bride. Here is a pattern I made with all the measurements, score lines and cut lines if you'd like to try this card. You can right-click on it to save it to your desktop. And then print it:
Steps for my card:
- Card Base: Delightful Dijon Cardstock 8-1/2" x 5-1/2". Using your Paper Cutter, cut the two cut lines first as indicated on pattern. Follow by scoring where the dotted lines are indicated. Fold on all score lines.When you fold the 1" & 2" lines, you fold in opposite directions to form the step.
- Layer #2 Main Panel: Whisper White Cardstock 3-1/4" x 4-1/4". Stamp the large background image using Blushing Bride Ink. Stamp the "Thank You" in the bottom left-hand corner using Calypso Coral Ink. Glue to card base.
- Layer #2 Side Panels: (2) Whisper White Cardstocks 3/4" x 4-1/4". Stamp the vine image using Mint Macaron Ink. Add the flowers by stamping with Calypso Coral Ink. Glue to card base.
- Butterfly: Stamp the butterfly using Mint Macaron Ink on Whisper White Cardstock. Cut using the Bold Butterfly Framelits Die. Stamp the flowers using Calypso Coral Ink and the leaves using Blushing Bride Ink. Glue to card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Ribbon: Glue a strip of Calypso Coral Seam Binding Ribbon to the front of the card. Glue a strip of Gold Sequin Trim over the ribbon using Glue Dots.
- That's it! Your card is complete!